Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Mixed Media Experiments ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I know I said that I had posted my last June entry yesterday but I freed up some time so that I could experiment with my mixed media supplies and my MM snippets and that means I could enter this into some more challenges so here it is …

  
I do love these little A6 cards: a great size for experimenting 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Natalie Kalbach n*studio: grunge stamps and Ranger IPs
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #13 A year of choices 1st Birthday
#4 photo inspiration (colours in photograph); #6 stamps; #8 new


Over at the PaperArtsy blog the new Topic is Stencils and I finally have a couple of PaperArtsy mini stamp sets to play with: yay!   I’ve learnt much from PaperArtsy’s blog tutorials about using paints and stencils.  I apply paint through a stencil with a piece of foam or similar and it’s not an issue now.  My painting skills improved this weekend after my weekend jaunt to the point that I now feel comfortable using acrylic paints and paintbrushes. 

My little bugs were stamped onto one of my Gelli Plate experiments.  I wasn’t happy with the first print I pulled so I grabbed a piece of paper that was to be binned and pulled a second print which I loved so I stamped these little bugs onto that paper and used them for this card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week.  Thank  you too to my lovely friends out there for the birthday wishes, this year it’s more subdued than usual, we’re together and as okay as we can be and still have a roof over our head which is the most important thing ever ttfn Karen x





Tools and Stash:
Stamp:
PaperArtsy JOFY Mini 45 stamp set
Gelli Plate:
5x7” Gelli Plate that I won at the beginning of the year from Roni – thank you huni!
Stamp & Stencil set:
Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Brayer; ink blending foam

Card Paper:
A4 Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card
A5 white paper to experiment on; snippets HOTP 8” square paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Turquoise Waters; Flamingo
Ranger Archival Cobalt Blue & Jet Black IPs
Brilliance IP: Aurora #; WOW EP: detail clear
Embellishments:
Ribbon from stash I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; Collall photo glue

# VOS: + 5 years old minimum

7 comments:

Kelly Deal said...

Love your card Karen and those bugs stamps are adorable!

Rachel said...

those stamps definitely make bugs look super adorable! such a fun card! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

rachel said...

great colours Karen - looks like you have had lots of fun! Hugs rachel x

Vickie Y said...

Great shabby colors and card! Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Lynn K said...

Adorable cards - love the bug stamps!! Thanks for helping us celebrate with this month's challenge!
www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

Jaine Drake said...

This is so cute, I love the bugs. Thank you for entering it into our challenge at ASOI this time.

Cazro said...

This is such a different card, an amazing technique, loving those bugs. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz