Monday, 22 June 2015

More Butterflies and H2O paints ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  I have loads of chores (not crafty, boo!) that I need to attempt this week so I won’t be blogging as much as I would like.  I will have some news to share soon, as well as more projects ready to be blogged and projects I need to work on but can’t share or hint at yet.
Once again the butterflies on were created from one of my mixed media experiments on A4 card with white acrylic paint.  If you want to know how I created them then the details are here
The background for this butterfly card was created with just water and H2O paints.  I added a ‘coat’ of water and then added H2O’s in pink and blue.  Once again I was experimenting and this time it was for me to see how far the H2Os spread or bleed out.  BTW I love it and will be doing more of these backgrounds!
Anyways today I have another card to share and here it is …

 
I do have an obsession for this size and fold at the moment! 
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Creating my own backgrounds and stamping
The Artistic Stamper Challenge: Summer is on it's Way


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this coming week and I hope to catch up with you all very soon  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamps: WPlus9 Stamp Set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; pot of water; paintbrushes; spray bottle of water
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping and for base; snippet pink card #
Colours:
H2O paints; Platinum EP; DecoArt white gesso; Perfect Pearls # ; The Works Crawford & Black white acrylic paint; Versamagic dark blue chalk IP #
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts roses (coloured with H2O’s)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Versamark Ink Pad

# VOS: +5 years old minimum

14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Another gorgeous card and I do like that stamp set. Love the colour of the butterflies a lot. Thankyou for fluttering by again. hugs Mrs A.

ursula Uphof said...

A lovely card Karen. Love the colours and the texture. Thanks for sharing. hugs, Ursula

laury55 said...

beautiful card

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, a lovely background with beautiful embossed butterflies!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

rachel said...

this is soooo pretty karen. really gorgeous. i love it to bits. hope you don't get too bogged down in your chores. hugs rachel x

My Paper Cat said...

You are right, the texture on your butterflies is great. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Karen, so pretty. Carol x

Kelly Deal said...

Another gorgeous card! Love the colors and butterflies!

Patti J said...

Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions, Karen! Your card is gorgeous - those butterflies look as if they could fly right off the page!

Mynn Kitchen said...

Another beautiful butterfly creation, Karen! GORGEOUS texture, too! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, gorgeous details.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Use a Stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Karen Day said...

SO pretty! I love all the dimension on your card - thanks for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

your card is amazing ! love these butterflies !
Thank you for joining the June challenge at The Artistic Stamper !