Thursday, 18 June 2015

Snippets and Spectrum Noir AquaTints ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.
Thank you all so very, very much.  You are so good for this middle aged girl’s soul.  Your lovely and wonderful comments feed my soul and make me happy.  I wish we could all get together in real life because you are all awesome and so very much appreciated.  I have another card to share with you today and here it is …

  
Another A6 card 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I’ve mixed thick acrylic paint & ink to create a colourful texture paint
I’m enjoying doing mixed media experiments right now
That’s Crafty Challenge All That Glitters sparkle from bling & skittles


I am back to 'must use these snippets and old stash mode'.  The card and paper was coloured at the end of last month and I am trying to use my stash of coloured and pimped papers before I create or colour any more.  If you want to know how I coloured the diamond shape snippets and the stamped flower please see this post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x



  
Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Sketchy Flower Power stamp set
Stencil:
Stamps Away Patchwork Template Set One: thank you Miss Pixie!!
Miscellaneous Tools:
Watercolour/paint brushes; pallette; pot of water; pipettes
Card Paper:
Yellow paper that was a bit grubby (10 + years old) ##; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl snow white accent card (base) and for stamping the flower onto
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; Staz On purple IP
Embellishments:
Pink skittles # ; bling in the middle of the flower #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose photo glue; Collall glue gel


# VOS: 5 years old minimum
## Very, Very Old Stash (approx. 10 years): trying to use old papers with grubby marks by hiding those marks with paint and ink

12 comments:

Di said...

Great card Karen, love all the bling - and super to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

fabulous design Karen - really pretty - love it x

Carol said...

A gorgeous CAS creation Karen, love this. Carol x

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, this card is stunning! I am loving those diamonds, they look like tile or something expensive. I love the coloring on them and the way you have put the gems around them. That flower is so pretty too. I think I am going to have to go see how you made those diamonds! Hugs Brenda

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous details and design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Favorite Products/Techniques” Challenge!

brenda said...

How very effective Karen, Cas and inky all in one is not easy to achieve but you nailed it here.

Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts and FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges and hope you have a good weekend.

B x

SARN said...

LOVE the design of this card Karen.

I have been MIA for a few days, but hope to make a snippets card by the end of the weekend to join in with the Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen McAlpine said...

Fun layout. I really like those diamonds! Thanks for sharing your creative project with us on the Vintage Stamping Challenge!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty card. The diamonds look fabulous!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful project! Those triangles are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Flower Power Challenge, welcome again;-))m