Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Stamps, H2O's and other crafty stuff ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  Yep back today with another card to share and here it is …

Another A6 card, but with a bit of depth 
Love these bold colours 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafting Musketeers Challenge #26 Shades of Summer
I am craving hot days and balmy nights right now, we’ve warmer days but it’s cold nights so I grabbed my brighter paints and played (UK)

I chose the middle set of colours because they remind me of summer
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Don’t Cut Just Paste
I have used heavy acrylic paint to create texture on the birds (hope that is allowed)
 The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #13 A year of choices 1st Birthday: #8 New (sentiment stamps), #10 Birds; #12 May Flowers

I shared how I coloured white card with white acrylic gesso on my post on Saturday, see here, this time I did the same thing but with white acrylic paint instead of gesso.  I did not heat the birds after they had been initially stamped and embossed because I wanted to keep these birds a little smoother, although they still have fantastic texture but not quite so bubbly lol!  

  


Above are the photographs that I took of the paper/card and how it looked before adding more colour with the H2O paints – I left them to dry naturally this time.

I was lucky enough to win the voucher over at Simon Says Stamps challenge at the end of January.  I was very, very careful before placing an order because there is always so many things that are new that I, as a crafter, always want lol!  I ended up ordering stamps, of course, and the sentiment that I used on this one is from one of their sentiment stamps set.  I’m very impressed with the quality of their clear stamps and I love the different sentiments and words that they offer.  This set of stamps will get used a lot!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming week  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamps: WPlus9 Stamp Set; Simon Says Be Stamp Set
Die Cutting: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Sizzix tag set #
Miscellaneous Tools: Heat gun; pot of water; paintbrushes; spray bottle of water

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping and for base; snippet pink card #
Colours: H2O paints; Platinum EP; DecoArt white gesso; Perfect Pearls # ; The Works Crawford & Black white acrylic paint; Versamagic dark blue chalk IP #
Embellishments: white sequins from my stash # ; Wild Orchid Crafts pink stamens and white  roses (coloured with H2O’s); ribbon from the candy prize I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Versamark Ink Pad


# My Sizzix tags are really old, at least ten years, no idea if they still make them and they were part of a Christmas present.

# My Perfect Pearls I have had for a long time and I can’t remember which colours I was playing with: I apologise.

# The Versamagic ink pad is an old one too and I can’t quite find it at the moment, the blue pearl paper must be five years old:  I am stash busting old stash right now lol!

# I’m not sure when or where I purchased the sequins, think it was last year but can’t remember!

17 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful.....the colours you chose are gorgeous
Jo x

rachel said...

so very beautiful Karen - love this stamp - gorgeous design xx

Carol said...

Another beauty Karen, you always use such gorgeous colours. Carol x

Lisa :) said...

beautiful colors!!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card, I love the hummingbirds, and your colours and textures are fabulous, hugs Kate x

Brenda said...

Another amazing creation Karen! I love your beautiful flowers and stamens and your hummers are just gorgeous. So love hummer, I guess we all do! lol Hugs, Brenda

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fabulous card you've created here! It has such a great sense of movement and energy and I thought it was so clever of you have your birds popping out of that gorgeous watercolored background. I grew up with lots of hummingbird feeders around the house and this card brought back so many happy memories. It's a great sentiment, too, and I enjoyed seeing both the colored birds and the more "natural" birds before you added the paints. A great process and wonderful finished result! Thanks for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Debs said...

Another lovely card Karen and thanks again for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper

Julia Altermann said...

Gorgeous, Karen! Love the way you interpreted the challenge and added so much dimension and interest to the card. Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Crafting Musketeers said...

Beautiful , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

Karen Crossen said...

Wonderful Card!! I adore hummingbirds and yours just made me smile!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

Dee Adams said...

What a Beautiful card!! Thank you for entering it into the Artistic Stamper Challenge.

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the dimensional elements and fun background. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Keren Baker said...

Stunning colours- love the birds too! Thanks for playing (again) along with Make The Day Special Stamp store challenge! x

Melanie said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining the mixed media monthly challenge blog!

Rachel said...

this is lovely. what a great idea to use the print out of the hummingbirds. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn K said...

Lovely hummingbird mixed media card! Thanks for celebrating with us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
lynnkopas.blogspot.com