Friday, 17 July 2015

A calendar page ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Earlier in the year I found out that The Craft Barn have a monthly challenge that is all about creating calendar pages each month so that you have at least one set twelve calendar pages ready to bind or put together at the ends of year for yourself or for a gift.  Since then I’ve been trying to create three or four A5 calendar pages each month so that we’ve extra lovely stocking presents at the end of the year.  I know from previous years I cannot leave creating or finishing those presents until November or December because every time I have run out of time and those presents never get finished.  So here is one of the pages I have created for June and by trying to be a bit more organised I also created this one so that it would it quite a few challenges too …

   
It is an A5 piece  and am happy with the end result 
All the stamping
A final look, up close so to speak

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Country View Crafts Challenge On Your Travels
Creative Inspirations Challenge #322 Let’s Colour
Cute Card Thursday #382 Inspired by Water
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge  Anything Goes
Dipping my toes into the water at the beach on a hot day is restorative!
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #70 Sun, sea and sand


I used a pipette to put my Spectrum Noir AquaTints into my china paint pallette (it has wells) and I really diluted the inks down.  I grabbed a snippet of card and a large paintbrush and added the diluted colour to the sky and sprayed the sky with more water.  I also mopped up some of the ink so that I achieved a fluffy cloud like look.  Before adding the yellow I dried the blue ink as I didn’t want it to mix and become muddy.  Once the A5 card was dry I grabbed some of my Sheena Douglass stamps and stamped a beech scene. 
I used a combination of the AquaTints, ink pads, and felt tip pens to stamp the beach scene.  I stamped and heat embossed a snippet of white card with the boat stamp.  I made a mix of colours with the blue, green, and red inks to create a muddy brown and I used that to colour the boat.  Once dry I fussy cut it out and glued it to the beach scene.
Much of the beach scene was very pale and I wanted much more definition so I grabbed one of my Pigma Micron fine liner pens and adding more detail and shadow to the sand.  I grabbed an old Versamagic Dew Drop and stamped the dragonflies in position and finally added a bit more colour and shadow to the fence before trimming and matting onto black card: simples J!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming weekend  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A5 stamp sets: Sea Scapes; Silhouette Garden; Silhouette Grasses

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pipettes (come with the inks); water colour pallette or little bowls to create washes with; pot of water; ink blending foam; craft mat

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; Matt Black Card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints
Tim Holtz DIP: brushed corduroy; Versamagic Dew Drop IP: lilac
Pigma Micron fine liner pen; felt tip pens (Tesco); WOW EP: black glitz

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark Embossing IP; Colall all purpose glue

10 comments:

Cazro said...

A wonderful artful creation. I can understand why your so pleased with the final result. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Deb said...

Wow, this is beautiful!
Many thanks for joining in our watery Cute Card Thursday challenge this week!
Debxx

rachel said...

a fabulous make karen - i love your scene. will have to look into these challenges as they sound very useful!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a wonderful scene you have created and such a fab idea to make calendars for presents and the year goes on. Lovely gift and useful too.
Lorraine

Rene said...

What a lovely scene! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Jo Rice said...

This is such a gorgeous beach scene, I feel as thoughI am there...and I love the idea of a Calender , thank you for sharing it with us Karen and good luck in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...Jo. X

Pat K said...

Wonderful summer scene. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. hugs, Pat K x

Sheryl said...

Lovely summer scene. Just right for our Summer cahllenge. Good to see you at Natalie and Amy's Challenge this month. Good luck Sheryl xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Ooh I'd love to travel to that exact spot with my picnic. Great make. Thanks for playing along with us CCVC hugs Debs xx

Del said...

What a great idea to make the calendar pages throughout the year, they'll make a great stocking filler. Love the boat on your page. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge no. 70.