Thursday, 16 July 2015

A different new stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  My creative buzz is still going, but I’ll have to curtail it for a bit as I’ve chores that require attention, boo, boo!  I created this card with new stamps I won from entering the challenge at Rubber Dance Art Stamps Challenge blog, thank you lovely Bibi! This stamp style is perfect for me and as I’ve several vintage lady stamps I have realised how much I enjoy stamping and colouring them. 
Recently my distress or vintage style button has turned on lol!  Normally I fight it but this time I’m going with it.  I’m hoping to photograph a project I finished last night.  It’s the first time I’ve created something for a specific monthly link and I’m very nervous of sharing it.  Enough of my waffle here’s a card I created especially for challenges and because I wanted to use my new stamp and colour her too …
  
Back to an A6 card 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge #70 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge Don’t be Square



That Craft Place Challenge Mixed Media Anything Goes
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #322 Let’s Colour
We Love to Create Challenge #14 Anything Mixed Media or Creative Goes



Because I had a little luck and won prizes at a couple of challenges earlier this year I’ve acquired new stamps/sets.  There’s no money in the pot for crafty purchases but I am lucky because I’ve been stamping for a long time I own different colouring mediums, and this is then first time I’ve been happy to be a crafty hoarder lol!
I created the background with Spectrum Noir AquaTints, the vintage lady and the sentiment I stamped with DIP and I coloured her with H2Os.  Because of moving rooms around I found more old stash, grr a bag of chipboard shapes, grr, and so many peel offs, grr! 
If anyone in the UK would like a peel off or peel offs for yourself or your children please contact me and I will post some to you (I think I’ve found about 50 sheets of them so far).  Again if anyone in the UK would like some square or rectangular chipboard shapes I’m more than happy to post some of those too!
I had no idea why I was having a creative buzz but as I was typing this post I realised why but I won’t write or say otherwise I’ll end up with severe insomnia again, grr.  I hope you like this card as much as I do: it was a joy to stamp and colour!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: vintage lady from the CO4 women collage set; memoirs
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
White card for base; snippets white card for stamping and colouring
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTint Inks: Perfectly Primary
Distress IPs:
H2O paints #
Embellishments:
Woodward chipboard flourish #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

11 comments:

Miss Emerald said...

Amazing and magic creation. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Katy Leitch said...

Subtle and elegant Karen - great card. Thanks for joining us at Rubber Dance - you've inspired me to have a play with this stamp.

rachel said...

a beautiful stamp Karen - lucky you for winning it - and you've used it beautifully xx

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely card, Karen! Very nice take of our July colours :))
I'm so happy to see you're using two of the stamps you won! Thank you so much! And thanks for entering our challenge, too! :))

ionabunny said...

Love the way you coloured your blue lady. Such a lovely soft effect. Beautiful card. Hugz

NGCARDS said...

This is such a lovely card! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is just so lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Nicole Wright said...

Very pretty and delicate! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge! Cheers Nicole

Karen Day said...

When you get that creative buzz - go with it!! I love your creation - thanks for sharing it with us at One Crazy Stamper!

Ileana A. said...

Wow, this is a wonderful creation! I love image, design and how you colored image! Beautiful embellishment!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge. Ileanaxx

Susanne Rose said...

Awesome!!! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.