Monday, 13 July 2015

A new set of stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  I love my new Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps with my old H2O paints.  Now you may need your sunglasses because I went full on colour!  Here is my card …

  
A 150mm square card this time - I wanted to go big with the stamps!   Will be okay to post too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
  Colour Arte Blog Challenge #1 Colour Scheme

 Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Take It Make It: AG
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Thank You
Great Impressions Stamps Challenge Favourite Stamp/s
I am now in love with these new stamps – they are going to be used a lot!
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #159 Anything Goes
Noor Design Challenge Something Old & Something New:
Old H2O paints; New Flower Garden stamp set
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge  Anything Goes


I was very lucky to have a very unexpected and very much appreciated win at Papertake Weekly Challenge.  Simon Says Stamps was a sponsored and I won me a $25.00 SSS voucher and as these were at the very top of my ‘Stamp Wish List’ they are what I ordered along with a stencil too.  Huge thanks to Simon Says Stamps for sponsoring the challenge, Dawny P and the DT for the awesome Papertake Weekly challenges. 

I’m so happy I was able to purchase these as I know I’ll use them a lot.  In fact I have created, erm, several cards with these and once I find my canvas boards I will use them to create some lovely stamped and coloured canvases.  Once finished they will go into my box of ‘hand crafted presents’ (and we’re hoping they will be appreciated).  
I plan to use them a lot on their own and I hope they’ll work with most of my own flower stamps.  I’m juggling around in my mind with the idea of using them to create landscapes too – it’s a case of wait and see what will work and when I have the time lol! 

My H2Os are approximately ten years old and I purchased my first set after taking part in a workshop at Creative Expressions I immediately fell in love with the vibrant colours and shimmer and I went through a phase of stamping with permanent ink and colouring with H2Os.  I kept trying to stamp with them but was disappointed with the end result.  I must have not heard the instructions of how to stamp with them at the workshop because I never achieved a crisp image when stamping, my projects would be soft and sometimes blurry.  The result was not as good as I hoped.  I found out recently that it was user error: I made my paint too wet.  Luckily my patience has much improved and as I love to practice and learn new techniques my stamping with H2Os has improved. 

I’m very grateful to the lovely artists and crafters that share tips and tutorials on YouTube.  I recently found a Colour Arté blog  and YouTube channel and that has helped a lot too.  I’ve corrected how I ‘ink up’ the stamp with the paint and now keep the definition from whatever I am stamping.  In fact I’ve figured out a way that I can colour the image and then add definition.  My images now have the definition and aren’t blobs: although I have and probably will still use those blobs as great backgrounds lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps Shop: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water
Card Paper:
Snippet of white card to stamp and paint; A4 white card to create base; VOS 150mm square paper # (I’ve not got the cover any more but I think they were K & Co or Basic Grey)
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O paints; watercolour pencils (to better define the stem and leaves)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Maimeri Glossy Medium
Embellishments:
Ribbon I won from Hazel’s ribbon candy
Wild Orchid Crafts: cherry blossoms; sweetheart blossoms


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

18 comments:

SARN said...

Very bright and beautiful. Love the cone flower in that Tim Holtz set. xxx

Terri Sproul said...

this project is so pretty, thanks for playing along with our challenge
good luck

Cindy Brown said...

wow amazing work. Thanks for playing with ColourArte

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Karen what a beautiful card and the colours and images are fabulous, so vibrant, hugs Kate x

rachel said...

your card is so beautiful Karen - these stamps are fabulous - love them!!! Hugs rachel x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Karen, this is just incredible! Love the explosion of summery colours and florals! hugs :)

Rebecca Billard said...

So bright and beautiful! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in with the girly challenge over at Creative Inspirations.
CraftyNatalie {DT}

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over on the Creative Inspirations this week. Agnieszka DT

Kelly Deal said...

I love those stamps! You did an absolutely wonderful, beautiful job using them Karen! Gorgeous work!

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is so bold, bright, and summery, Karen! I LOVE the fabulous colors you chose--this scene is stunning! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

MagsB said...

What fabulous, bright colours! Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge

love Mags B x

Donna Phelan said...

LOVE your big bold beautiful blossoms! The colors are gorgeous and so striking! The little added accent flowers are just as beautiful too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions!!! Have a Happy Day!

Ellie Knol said...

Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Sheryl said...

Wow Karen just stunning! Thanks for joining the fun at Natalie and Amy's challenge this month. Hugs Sheryl xx

Emma Williams said...

Bold, bright and beautiful and I love those Flower Garden stamps, which you've used to perfection! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

Bev said...

Wow, this is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month

Gaynor said...

Fabulous design, wonderful elements. Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest Blog Challenge xxGaynor LCDT