Saturday, 18 July 2015

A second calendar page ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I am playing catch up with some projects I had hoped to finish in June but I ran out of time time and I only finished them last night lol!  So today I have another calendar page to share with you and it’s all about water: April showers.  So here is another calendar page I have finally completed …

A5 is the size I chose, so there is lots of room for a calendar
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Art Inspiration & use water (liquid):
I used water to colour and blend my background and to colour the stamped image.
A beautiful painting that is cheerful yet you know it’s raining.
Some artists use grey or dark colours to give the feel of rain.
I love how this artist has used bright colours to achieve that.

Cute Card Thursday #382 water 


It’s A5 size and I wanted to have a coloured image, rain and umbrellas on the card.  I was hunting through my stamps to find images I could use when I remembered this NBUS Morehead stamp set which is super cute, also there is a rain drop stamp in the set too.  
I won this stamp set a while ago, I think from an Allsorts blog hop, and as I’d not used it I hoped there was an umbrella in it, not.  I have no umbrella stamps and I thought an oriental parasol stamp would not look quite right.  So I was brave (well in my mind) and I used a watercolour pencil to draw umbrella shapes onto watercolour paper snippets.  It took me a while to get the right colour, shape and shadow but once I got that bit right I decided to use an old sticker which is very metallic and lush and perfect for the umbrella stem/handle?!  One more calendar card completed lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Morehead: Raindrops clear stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; pot of water

Card Paper:
White Bazzill card: stamped and coloured girl; background #
Crafters Companion matt black card
Snippets water colour paper

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Americana Acrylic paint: turquoise and white
Tim Holtz DIP: Faded Jeans; Memento IP: Black Tuxedo
Faber Castell Aquarelle water colour pencils

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

Embellishments:
Metallic line sticker #

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

10 comments:

Deb said...

So gorgeous, what a darling image!
Many thanks for joining in our watery Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Deb said...

This is gorgeous. The little girl image is just soooo cute and your umbrellas are wonderful. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful, I love your water coloured sunflowers. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Wendy O'Keeffe said...

I love the way the artist used bright colours to reflect the rain too and I think you project is super cute. The image is so sweet and I love the way you've incorporated the rain drops. Thank you for joining in with us at ARTastic.

Jane said...

So very cute. Thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.

Lizzy Hill said...

TOTALLY sweet and cute! And good on you with those umbrellas - they look fabulous:):) It's a gorgeous take on our ARTastic challenge....thanks so much for joining us this month:):)

Dolly B said...

This is super cute for a calendar .Love your rain. Thank you for sharing at ARTastic
Mary

Helen said...

A really great card.

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday

Helen N x

Jo said...

A very cute take on the challenge. I can see the work that has gone into this piece. Thanks for sharing at ARTastic :)

Tone-Lill said...

Awesome and adorable with lovely bright colours . Thank you for playing with our challenge at ARTastic:)