Friday, 10 July 2015

A second post very quickly for a challenge or two ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I have not updated this post with details of everything I used and a rough description of how I created the background below here it is …

  
A little A6 card 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Use a Stamp/Anything Goes
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Use a Sentiment
Tando Creative Challenge July Colours 


It took me quite some time to get back to this today lol!  I have had a creative spurt over the last week or so and once again trying out different to my usual style and playing in distressed themes and it turns out I love it.  Yep very different from my usual style but worth it, well I think so at least!
You can see from the challenge list that the picture inspiration at Paperbabe Stamps is what really inspired me and I have been playing with inks, stamps, masks and other stuff to create a fractured background.  I really wanted the background to be the star
This card was created using many different techniques, tools and supplies.  A lot of very old stash was used along with a new set of stamps from Paperbabe – love this new set of stamps because it’s so different from what I would normally choose.
I started out but drawing lines onto a piece of white card with watercolour pencils, then I added colour with watercolour paints and didn’t like it.  So I got my white acrylic paint out and covered up some of the lines – but not all.  I then coloured over the white acrylic with the H2O’s and loved that but it was a bit subtle.  The next step was to attach a stencil to the background and I applied Maimeri Glossy Gel through the gaps and then I left the card to dry. 
I stamped and embossed the ‘Because’ and ‘You’re awesome’, and as I really wanted the ‘Because’ to pop I applied a red H2O in the gaps between the letters and the rich blue H2O onto and slightly over the letters – such a fabulous look and it has such great texture too.  The stamp set is not being put away as I’m now obsessed with it!
I hope you’ve had a good week and have awesome plans for the coming weekend with time to play with your stash if you want to ttfn Karen x





Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps Because Stamp Set
Stencil:
We DoDoobadoo stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; pot of water; foam to apply the glossy gel

Card Paper:
C6 Cream card; white card snippets to ‘play’ with
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW Embossing Powder in Platinum
Watercolour pencils
H2O paints to create the background, colour the stamped image and colour the chipboard
Embellishments:
Simon Says Stamps: brown peg
Ribbon from the stash I won from Hazel
Woodware: chipboard #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Maimeri Glossy Gel; Washi tape (for the stencil)

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, I love this card Karen! I love that background, it looks like it has texture, but not really. That because stamp is awesome and I love the butterfly. Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

looking forward to reading how you did this .... fabulous. hugs rachel x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love that background and the sentiment is so fancy, wow! What a great focal point! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Something to Say' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Karen Gist said...

I am LOVING that 'because' stamp, its beautiful Karen!!!!! Fabulous card and great to see you linking with us again x

Sue C said...

Great card Karen ! Love the dragonfly ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Shelly Hickox said...

Such a beautiful background and I love the embossed sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

Ellie Knol said...

Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Linda said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Buttons said...

WOW Karen! This is so different - love the embossing and contrast in colours. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x