Saturday, 25 July 2015

A summers day in Provence ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you’re having an awesome weekend.  This is for my 2016 June calendar page; my theme is a summer day in the Provence and here it is …

An A5 French field
The coloured and stamped part! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Fussy & Fancy Challenge  #144 Things With Wings
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge ‘I’ inspired by summer and flying insects
 The Mod Squad Challenge The Wing’s The Things 


First off I added a layer of water to a piece of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card.  I then created two Spectrum Noir AquaTints washes (only a little ink but a lot of water).  I used a paint brush to add the meadow, working from the top of the meadow down and then I painted the sky.  I used my heat gun to completely dry the card before moving on to the next step (often I will heat dry the page but leave it overnight just to make sure).

I used some of my Sheena Douglass stamps with Spectrum Noir AquaTints and ink pads to stamp the flowers, grass, vines and plants in the meadow.  I stamped multiple dragonflies with an ink pad and heat set it again. 

It wasn’t quite right so I grabbed my white Pan Pastel and used that to add clouds, I was whilst trying to create the look of a hot, hazy, and lazy summer day:  I think I managed it lol!  I had a heck of a lot of fun creating this card lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A5 stamp sets:

Miscellaneous Tools:
Ink blending foam; paintbrushes; pot of water; Sofft Pan Pastel Foam; paint pallette with deep wells

Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion: A4 matt black card; Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir: Primary AquaTints
Ink Pads: Adirondack Wild Plum; Distress Dusty Concord
Pan Pastel: white

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


11 comments:

Carol said...

A gorgeous calendar page Karen, so atmospheric. Carol x

brenda said...

A lovey card today Karen, the white PP works beautifully for the clouds.

Have a good Sunday and thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenge.

B x

Emma Williams said...

What a wonderful page and I can almost smell the lavender in those fields of Provence ~ you've done a fabulous job! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a gorgeous page, the colours and images are so beautiful, love it, hugs Kate x

rachel said...

Hiya Karen - this is absolutely beautiful - it really is reminiscent of a summers day! Gorgeous - I hope you are as well as possible my friend.Big hugs rachel x

Irish Scrapper said...

A super card, lots of lovely features.
Thank you for joining us for this months challenge, Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely scenic creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

rachel said...

back again hun - thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck in the draw xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, how lovely. I adore your field of lavender flowers, and the birds have so much movement. I can just see them flying!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Yvonne Tune said...

lovely card good luck with the challenges. Yvonne Tune

Angela said...

Fabulous idea for the Summertime Challenge. love the colour combo and the silhouettes of the dragon files. Beautiful
Thanks for sharing, Angela Craft for the Craic.