Friday, 24 July 2015

Another floral garden card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome, good and nice weekend plans.  I have another card to share with you today and here it is …
 
A 148mm square card this time with more depth 
I love the shimmer from the H2Os.  It comes through even though I covered it with Distress inks!
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Distress inks; Flower Garden stamp set
Papertake Weekly Challenge Build It Up: layers & dimension
I have multiple layers of ink, paint, stamping and stencilling on this card
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge ‘I’ for iridescent & inspired by Distress
Stamplorations Challenge Stamps & Distressing
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge Circle & and Flowers: circles on the DP
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Hot & Wild: I chose hot colours


I can, for once, say that this is a distressed card, lol!  It’s only taken me five years to get to this point.  Five years to find my style of distressed which isn’t dark and I love that the shimmer shows too.  I added a light layer of green H2O around the flowers and then I went over with the Peeled Paint IP: it’s lovely and I love it!
I have been experimenting with my Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set and H2O paints again, lol.  This time I wanted to try and create a very distressed look and not only did I manage to do that I am, for a change, really happy and like the end result.  I used Peeled Paint DIP on the DP and on the stamped panel after the H2Os had dried.  If I don’t use dark inks (e.g. brown or black) I can be very happy with the final distressed looks, it’s one of my quirks I suppose lol!

I also got to use old stash up by remembering to use DP, roses and ribbon.  My style really has changed though because I think I prefer the base to be plain or inky these days.  I think some more of my papers are going to be leaving our house lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this coming weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; ink blending foam

Card Paper:
Snippets of card for stamping # ; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Accents for base; 6” square DP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O paints for stamping and colouring #
Distress IP: Peeled Paint

Embellishments:
Ribbon from stash I won from Hazel
Wild Orchid Crafts: roses

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; silicon glue gel; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old



14 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Looks fabulous ! Thank you very much for joining us at TIOT's!

chrissie said...

This is a very beautiful card with wonderful rich colors

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

NGCARDS said...

A really beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

sirkkis said...

Beautiful flower card in stunning colours.Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT.

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely gorgeous !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen, the flowers are rich and full of life! hugs :)

Carol said...

This looks fabulous Karen, the colours are so beautiful. Carol x

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! WOW, this is amazing...gorgeous flowers! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! I am having one last giveaway this week on my blog to celebrate my birthday, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/07/final-week-of-my-birthday-month-giveaway.html

sparkle & shine *~*

Sue said...

Karen, this is a beautiful project Karen, Fabulous artwork and lovely design. Thank you so much for sharing this with us this time at Creative Inspirations.
Sue...xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Stunning Karen I love you card a lot

Jane said...

This is so beautiful Karen, love it!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

LauraJane:) said...

Love the texture on this one! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!

Julie B said...

Love the flowers in their mis summer glory.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Jaine Drake said...

Another beauty.