Monday, 6 July 2015

Anyone for a Summer Flavoured Cup Cake, nom nom, ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week will be a good one too.  After I had chosen the stamped and coloured image for my first House of Cards DT creation I had and have several stamped and coloured images left.  I know it’s my OCD where cards are concerned that makes me so fussy that I stamp and colour an image multiple times and I use the best for DT work.  Most of the time there are multiple images left and if good enough I use them to create a card or two.  Many end up in the recycling bin too, lol. 
I’ve looked around to see what challenges I want to take part in and I decided to use one of my left over images to create another card and here it is …

  
Another A6 card folded that way, it needed a little something
A final look - I have tidied the top of the fold up - I promise!

Created for me and these Challenges:

CIC317 Inspiration Photograph: I added cherries instead
Deep Ocean Challenge: Use Two Stamps: 
I used cupcake & tiny cherry stamps
Little Claire Stamps Challenge: #58 Father’s Day/Male:
(my dad is not around so I create cards for my male uncles and cousins)
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: pink & red
I used Spellbinder Nestabilities (circles)

#255 Sweet as Summer Inspiration Photograph



The textured strip at the bottom is a snippet from this post.  I still have a lot of that piece of 305 mm square card to use which is a bonus as I love the texture I’ve been able to achieve with old embossing paste and old glitter embossing powders.  I am doing my utmost to use up those glitter EPs as I just can’t cope with the amount of sparkle that ends up on me, my clothes and my dog: he doesn’t sit anywhere near me when I heat emboss so this one has me scratching my head a lot lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x
  




Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Hero Arts Cupcake clear stamp set #
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Spellbinder Nestability Dies: large classic circle and large classic scalloped circle
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion snippets A4 Centura Snow White Pearl Accent Card and A4 Matt Black Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O watercolour paints: lime, yellow, coral, orange, peach, red #
Versamark IP; WOW Platinum EP

Embellishments: wooden Mandela painted with H2O paints #; coloured glitters 
Adhesives/Mediums:
Masking tape (for the stencil); Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

To create the textured strip:
Tools: heat gun; pallette knife and a plastic disposable fork to add grooves before heat setting

WOW EP glitter: WS01 black twinkle #; WS04 blue glitz; WS06 pearl gold sparkle #; WS07 metallic gold rich; WS52 vintage romance #

Dreamweaver Embossing paste: Copper #

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min eight years old

20 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That looks absolutely scrumptious!! Love the ombré pink frosting

rachel said...

wonderful make Karen - I could just eat that bun right now - hugs rachel xx

Di said...

Totally delicious looking card Karen - so realistic too. Parsnip just licked the laptop screen here :)

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

What a yummy looking card Karen! I love your cupcake and how you colored it. It does indeed look like one could take a big bite out of it. lol So I think I read correctly that this is your first DT creation?!! A big congrats to you, you will be an asset to the team for sure! Hugs, Brenda

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a brilliant cupcake card. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Loves Rubberstamps for our ‘Celebrations’ challenge. We’re so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Loves Rubberstamps DT

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is SUPER duper sweet, Karen! I LOVE the colors you used--the embossing looks fab, too! Thank you so much for joining in my 5 Year Blogiversary Giveaway at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tanja said...

your cupcake looks so yummy and I love the Mixed Media strip at the bottom - thanks for playing along at the Cupcake Inspirations Sprinkles Challenge

brenda said...

Dare I say good enough to eat Karen, but the cherry really does look as though you could pluck it off the top.

I'm the same with mys tamped images, the bin does a roaring trade some days.

B x

Dangina Martinez said...

You did an amazing job with the Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week!
Dangina

Diane said...

Very pretty and yummy!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Sweet As Sunshine" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

SARN said...

Mmm . . .delicious looking! xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wonderful take on the cupcake photos Karen! hugs :)

Kelly Deal said...

Cute card Karen!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Arlene said...

Yum. Perfect treat for anyone. Wonderful card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Suzi said...

Such a sweet card, thank you for joining us over at Scrap & Craft. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing along at the Cupcake Inspirations!

Indy said...

Great card! Like the dark background. So glad you were inspired to join the Sprinkles Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Sandi said...

ohhlala...this is great! Love the mixed media look of this! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge this week! xx

Indy said...

Great card! Like the dark background. So glad you were inspired to join the Sprinkles Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie