Thursday, 30 July 2015

Back to Barbados ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has is going well.  Whilst I remember to do so I want to say a huge thank you for the lovely comments and wishes. I’ve taken your advice and OH’s nagging and cut down the time I was crafting.  It’s been good and has helped to take the pain back down to bearable lol!  Luckily I have lots of projects I’ve not shared yet and at least fifteen unfinished projects which I’ll try to finish but won’t spend too much time at my desk.  The pain has started to ease and I can manage to sit up for ten minutes at the moment. 
Anyways I just wanted to remind everyone of the candy I’m offering at the moment.  I’m adding more prizes and will update the photo this weekend.  I have a new A5-ish’ stamp set to add to the prize as well as a little Pan Pastel starter set and more ribbons, so make sure you enter!  It’s time for me to pay back some happy and give it to the next person, the link is here.
I will try to spread the future calendar pages out a bit more: sorry if I have bored you all! I’ve July’s final calendar card to show you today and here it is …


I so want to be there! 
I can feel the warmth and the end of a lovely lazy day! 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Artistic Challenge Blog: Use water (liquid) in some way on your creation
Deep Ocean Challenge #109 Summer Fun
Frosted Designs Challenge Here Comes the Sun
Love to Scrap Challenge #58 Anything Goes
This card stock takes a lot of product and water; inks; more water; lot more water etc. & it still works & doesn’t disintegrate
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #70 Sun, sea and sand
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #90 Anything Goes twist use Ice Cream Shades
Blackcurrant; Blueberry; Honeycomb; Pistachio; Strawberry


Obviously I need to have the turquoise and the beach huts but I wanted to try a sunset at the beach this time.  I think it has worked, but I’m not sure, any thoughts and tips would be appreciated?
However I can still imagine myself sitting on that beach with the weather being not too hot because it’s the end of the day and you can still feel the warmth of the sun through the sand.  Yes I know, always got told off for day dreaming and being overly imaginative when at school lol, but it helps me to relax so I don’t much mind any criticism from the teachers, although at the time it seemed so important lol!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Free magazine stamp that I have owned for ages and happy to use it at last #

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; paint pallette

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents; A4 Matt Black card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Crafter’s Companion: Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTint inks
WOW Embossing Powder: WH03 Evergreen
The Works: Crawford & Black White Acrylic paint
Clear glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# very old stash at least two years old, maybe longer

10 comments:

rachel said...

love this make - it really makes me think of my recent holiday - it was so good to be warm! Glad to hear you're not spending too long crafting and looking after yourself. Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Another gorgeous calendar page Karen, so atmospheric and colourful. Glad your back is easing a little. Carol x

Jo said...

Great artwork and techniques. Thanks for playing along at ARTastic :)

Cherished said...

Great project. Thanks for playing at Frosted designs.

Lillian A said...

A relaxing scene, with nice, subtle colors. Thank you for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

cheiron said...

Such a gorgeous beach scene, wonderful project. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous calendar page....especially that sunset....for sure, I wouldn't mind sitting there next to you:):) Thanks so much for sharing with us at ARTastic!!

Jane said...

Love that background, perfect for your beach houses! Thank you for joining in
The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous calendar page.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

maggie said...

Another lovely calendar card. I can feel the warmth in that evening sun.