Sunday, 19 July 2015

Be Awesome On a Cloudy Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your having an awesome weekend! Another card I’ve created with my current obsession with Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps to share with you today and here it is …

  
I know it's a small one and almost CAS but I love it! 
 
A gorgeous flower stamp and awesome text!
My favourite card so far with these stamps!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crop Stop Blog Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge Don’t be Square
Penny Black & More Challenge Add a Sentiment


  The Shabby Tea Room 255 Sweet as Sunshine:
 that is what this looks like to me!


For some reason these stamps and my H2O paints are my complete obsession right now.  For this card I really wanted to keep the colours light, much lighter than I have before and for some reason this card makes me feel that it is sunshine on a plate!  At the moment this spiked flower is my favourite of all the flowers and I love that I get to create the length of the stem that I want too. 

# I used white paper and three distress inks to create a richly coloured yellow paper, I used ink blending foam with the inks, and a spray bottle of water to get the usual dimpling and I used that to cover the card base and a little more to matt the sentiment onto: simples!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this today  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Simon Says Stamp: Simon Says Be stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Stampin Up label punch; foam; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Snippets of card for stamping and colouring; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; white paper which I coloured with different DIPs

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz DIP: faded jeans (to stamp the sentiment); Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw & Marigold were used to create a background piece
Luminarte: H2O paints

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

11 comments:

brenda said...

Just a very quick hello (mean to still be on time out until a bit better, but behaving gets boring) and to say what a gorgeous card Karen, always love a sunflower or two.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Annie said...

Hi Karen :-) this is beautiful and I just love the stamped flowers as well as the background colour.

Tfs and best wishes
Annie x

Barb said...

Hi Karen, first of all thank you for visiting me from the playground. and congratulations on your win. This card is beautiful. It looks just like a watercolour. Barbxx

Di said...

Hi Karen! It sure is sunshine on a plate - gorgeous card!

I'll be posting your prize today, 1st Class but no collection until tomorrow of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous summertime flower card, gorgeous colours.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more,
good luck for the draw;-))m

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous flowers - love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us in The Shabby Tea Room.
Amelia (The Shabby Tea Room Design team)

SARN said...

It's very pretty and the cone flower is my fave from the set too.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

CropStop LLC said...

WOW! Stunning. Thanks for taking part in the CropStop Linky Party

Jaime Rubenstein said...

So vibrant and happy...thanks for sharing!

Jaime

Whisper said...

Simply gorgeous and i love Twinkling H20's too and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Jaine Drake said...

Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous. I love sunflowers. Thanks for entering the ASOI challenge this month.