Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Christmas Card Club Christine's choice of Let it Snow & Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Day Challenge too ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good one and your week’s going well.  Well the title says it all today and here it is …


  
A little A6 one again! 
  
Love this scene! 
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Card Mania Challenge #70 Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge Christmas in July
Creative Corner Challenge Christmas in July
 One Crazy Stamper Challenge Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenges #54 use ribbon, lace or twine
Stamping Sensations Challenge Feature a Creature
  
I created a second card because I wanted to make sure I played along with my lovely friend Crafty Mo’s Monthly Rudolph Day Challenge as well as some other challenges too and here is my second card …
   
Another little A6 card good to post too! 
These little wooden decorations have been wonderful embellishments
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Boots Challenge Christmas in July
Jingle Belles Challenge Old Fashioned or Retro
Tag and baubles remind me of the 1950’s Christmas designs: love them!
My Time to Craft Challenge #300 Christmas in July
Ooh La La Creations Challenge Christmas in July

A final look at the first one
A final look at this one

My apologies to my lovely friends (Christmas Card Club), I got DH to photograph the card for me this morning as I can’t stand upright for long, blooming sciatica!  After I have visited my lovely ladies I will have to post, link and log off to rest.  I think that will have to be the norm for the next week. 

Although, sadly, um, I’ve figured out what and why the sciatica kicked off: too much craft; I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when I figured it out, lol & grr!  Thankfully I’ve projects created especially for challenge so I’ll still be able to enter challenges with those projects: yay!


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this coming week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies Card 1
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Mulberry Wood Across the Miles stamp set; Papermania sentiment from an old Christmas stamp set #
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; pallette knife
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents A4 card for base, stamped panel and snippets for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Crafters Companion Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints; Versamark IP; WOW EP Black Twinkle
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash #; robin stickers (thank you Miss Pixie) #; AB glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; foam pads; Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste (to create the snow)

Tools & Supplies Card 2
Card/Paper:
Snippet of inky card
Crafters Companion Kraft card to make the base
Colour:
Red spray ink (the inks are old and I no longer have them so no idea what colour or brand) #
Embellishments:
Tag # (part of a QVC kit, must be about 10 years old)
Small wooden tree sold as a tree bauble in Tesco # (bought four years ago)
Organza ribbon # (same as tag)
HOTP brad # (same as tag)


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, minimum 7 years old

24 comments:

rachel said...

two great cards Karen - really lovely!!! Hope you're wrong about the crafting. Big hugs Rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely cards Karen, it's great that you managed two but not so great about the sciatica, hopefully it will settle down the more that you rest.
Lorraine

dutchess said...

Great cards Karen....so sorry your having pain again...I have to admit I can only craft for about an hour then I have to move and do something else....or I lock in and seize up!....just take care lovely and keep your beautiful cards coming xxx

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely cards Karen. Glad you were able to craft a bit anyways. I do know of sciatica too, too well I am afraid! Rest, stretching and heat always helps me...and a few trips for deep muscle massage!

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Lin said...

Love your sparkly Christmas scene, Karen - the little birds are too cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week! Hope you feel better!

Carol said...

Two great Christmas cards Karen, love your cute snowy scene. Hope the sciatica is calming down. Carol x

Cheri Burry said...

Great cards! Always fun to get a start on Christmas projects! Thanks for playing along with us over at OCS!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Karen. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the little robins on the first one, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Karen! sorry to hear about your sciatica but thanks for sharing with us at Craft Calendar Challenge hugs Sue xxx

SmilynStef said...

Love the snowy postal box ... so very glad you celebrated our Old Fashioned Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Two fabulous cards... Sorry to hear you have not been well...feel better soon...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Di said...

Fabulous cards Karen - those little robins look familiar to me :) Yup, too much crafting can kick off sciatica/back/neck problems - time to ration your time a bit. My doc said to get up and move around every half hour - even if only to go to the loo or wander round the house a bit. Thing is, once we get engrossed, time ceases to exist doesn't it?!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Hope you feel better soon Karen. Perhaps a little break will help??? Difficult I know, as you love to craft.

These 2cards are lovely - very merry and bright! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Two super cards Karen and the CCC is so lovely, I do love the image, hugs Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

I really love that snowy scene Karen! Great card, and the Rudolph one too. Sorry for the delay in commenting - a lot on my plate at the moment. Christine x

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty pair of holiday cards, so much fun! thanks for celebrating an "old fashioned xmas" with us at JINGLE BELLES!

Cazro said...

A super cute card. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Christmas Caz

Ann said...

Hopy you're feeling better soon! Your card is just darling...thanks for sharing it with us at My Time To Craft!

Jo said...

Fab makes, love those little robins! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here
You can find my atc swap here

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 239 - hope to see you again soon x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.

Helen N x

CheerDown said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing with us for our Christmas in July Challenge at Ooh La La Creations. Alli x

Therese Engström said...

Cute card <3 Thank you for joining us in CCC.
Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT