Thursday, 9 July 2015

Created especially for challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’m still playing with my H2O paints and seeing how they work with my mixed media experiments, a very brief description of how I created two of these pieces are below.  I have a bright, bold and beautiful (to me) card to share with you today and here it is …

 
An A6 card which is okay for posting 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Use a Sentiment
Great Impressions Stamps Challenge Favourite Stamp/s:  
I can’t stop using this set right now!
Stamping Sensations Challenge Feature a Creature


 Tando Creative Challenge July Colours


I used the H2O paints on what I normally call the wrong side of the A4 Centura Pearl Snow White accents card (the shimmering side).  Wow!  These colours pop anyone because they are so rich in colour, and on this experiment they pop even more than usual! 
I’m experimenting more with the H2O paints than I did when I got them lol! 
The hummingbird images were stamped onto card that I applied a thick-ish layer of white gesso onto, if you want to know exactly how I created the textured card stock for the birds all the details are here.
I stamped and heat embossed the birds onto the gesso card: they have a lovely bubbly texture because the gesso bubbles a little, and I love that effect lol.  I then coloured them with the H2O paints and left them to dry before fussy cutting them out to use on the background.
The tag was a different piece of card that I think I added white gesso and ink onto, I think, it was the only piece that I have left and I’m sorry to say I can’t remember how it got to look that way. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools & Supplies
Stamps:
WPlus9 Flora & Fauna 2 Stamp Set; Simon Says Stamps ‘Be’ Clear Stamp Set
Die Cutting:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Sizzix tag set #
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; pot of water; paintbrushes; spray bottle of water; pallette knife
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping and base; snippet blue pearl paper for base
Colours:
H2O paints; WOW WS04 Embossing Glitter; DecoArt white gesso; Adirondack Denim IP
Embellishments:
White sequins from my stash # ; Wild Orchid Crafts mulberry paper flower (coloured with H2O’s)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue gel; double sided tape; Versamark Ink Pad


# My Sizzix tags are really old, at least ten years, no idea if they still make them and they were part of a Christmas present.


# I’m not sure when or where I purchased the sequins, think it was last year but can’t remember!


14 comments:

SARN said...

Wonderfully colourful and pretty card xxx

rachel said...

stunning colours karen. so very pretty x

brenda said...

They are indeed yummy colour Karen, a colour palette I love working with and your finished artwork is lovely.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Karen, I missed your challenge list so popped back to say thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Patti J said...

Karen, your card is beautiful! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

Mynn Kitchen said...

WOW, Karen! This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the blue and purple--and those hummingbirds are fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Karen Gist said...

Oh Karen!!!! Those colours are to die for aren't they and also my favourites together! Thank you for joining us again over at Tando my lovely x

Shelly Hickox said...

Such gorgeous colors in your background and I love the birds. Thanks so much for joining us for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab card Karen. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Liz's creative corner said...

Stunning creation, love the colours, thanks for sharing with us at Tando Creative, hugs Liz xx

Buttons said...

Bright, bold, brilliant! LOVE this Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Sally H said...

Fabulous inkiness! What gorgeous colours and perfect for our Feature a Creature theme this month. Thanks so much for joining in at stamping sensations and good luck!

Donna B. said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the birds and colors! Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous project, just perfect for our theme at Mixed Media Monthly! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge!