Saturday, 11 July 2015

For challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you’re having an awesome weekend.  I am still mid creative boost at the moment and I was so happy that I put some time aside to create a project for a couple more challenges and here it is …

  
Another A6 card 
All the stamped detail 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Card Mania Challenge #70 Anything Goes


   Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Crop Stop Blog #6 Anything Goes Linky Party
I used Distress inks and Memory Box die
Deep Ocean Challenge: Use Two Stamps
Stamplorations Challenge Stamps & Distressing

Time Out Challenge #35 Nature, optional twist with an animal


This ended up being another multi step creation, lol, I know that a lot of my creations are that way at the moment as I’m still heavily experimenting with inks, paints and other mediums, as well as really getting into my stencils too (aka newly obsessed with adding texture and layers with stencils).  I love the end results too.

This started with me using the last two sheets of an old A4 sketch pad (the paper was no longer bright white and I've no idea where or when I purchased this as the front and back covers were missing and it came to light late last year when moving my craft room).  I was determined not to waste too much old stash just because it wasn't pristine white any more and I have to say the end result is fabulous - it looked a little distressed before I inked, stamped and stencilled it.

The stamp I used was an old Graphicus Stamp Set (aka Elusive Images aka Chocolate Baroque and I can't find this stamp on CB's site).  I’m loving using those old stamps with newer stash.  There are more brands and colours of inks and the quality of the stamping inks and other mediums available today are so much better than when I first started stamping and card making.  Once stamped I put the papers I had created to one side ready to use when I wanted.

I stamped and embossed one of the Steam Punk Bird stamps from Chocolate Baroque and coloured him with my H2O paints.  Whilst the bird was drying I grabbed one of the A4 background sheets I made three weeks ago and cut it in half. Then I attached a mask onto the stamped paper and added a dollop of Maimeri glossy gel to my craft mat and applied that to the background.  I left that to dry whilst cleaning my stencil and stamps and came back to the project the next day (yesterday).

I grabbed Kraft card snippets, my Cuttlebug and MB branch die and cut several branches which I glued onto the background.  I am trying to make more male cards for me and my family so no flowers, no ribbon and no obvious sparkle but I felt it needed a little something.  Light bulb moment!  Craftwork Cards Candi in brown and green to match the colour theme at Chocolate Baroque, simples, not, but much fun yes!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Chocolate Baroque A4 Steampunk Bird stamp set and a VOS stamp for the BG #
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Memory Box branch die – thank you Missy Pixie!
Stencil:
Dutch Doobadoo stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
A4 white paper for background #; A4 white card for base; snippets Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz DIP: Weathered Wood; Rusty Hinge; Peeled Paint; Mustard Seed
WOW Embossing Powder: blue sparkle
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards Candi
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Maimeri Glossy Gel; double sided tape; Washi tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

17 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

Just gorgeous Karen! The colours on your bird are just stunning and I love how you built the branches! hugs :)

rachel said...

wonderful make Karen - a great use of the colours - lovely work xx

thepaperbaker said...

Hi Karen your card is beautiful! Love all the detailing :-)

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wowzers! This is stupendous! I love the effect you have created with the bird, and everything! Fantabulous! I am with youon cresting more masculine cards as well. Hugz, from one animal lover to another. :)

brenda said...

Another stunner Karen and that bird is awesome. I find being patient so hard with mixed media work, I want to get onto the next bit and have to sit on my hands to let it dry/set.

Have a good Sunday, even an inky one perhaps.

B x

SARN said...

Super looking bird card Karen. xxx

Denice said...

Oh my, I'm just swooning over all the details and texture on your well designed card...lovely in every way Karen! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps, hope you'll join us for more of our weekly challenges.

Blankina said...

Great bird card love all details, so glad you could join our anything goes challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hugs Blankina

Julie said...

Fab card Karen, love the background , thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge and good luck
Julie xx

Becca Cruger said...

What is art except for experimentation?! Gorgeous creation and fabulous texture! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the STAMPlorations stamps and distressing challenge.

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Gorgeous bird, love the color and texture here. Thanks for sharing it at Loves Rubberstamps!
Jennifer, DT

Florence said...

Fabulous card Karen. Love how you have used the steampunk bird. Apologies for late commenting.
Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
Hugs Flo x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Karen. I love your colors, the great embossing, and wonderful textures. Thanks so much for sharing your talents in our challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
CropStop

CropStop LLC said...

Brilliant use of Candi Dots! Thanks for joining the CropStop Linky Party.

Lisa Kind said...

What a pretty card! Love that bird and the background you created! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Shauna said...

Wow! What a beautiful parrot. Great vivid colors in this design and a unique technique. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Sari / Granne said...

Oooh, that bird is one gorgeous chick! Awesome idea with the branches, love them. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations July challenge, hope to see you joining us again.