Tuesday, 21 July 2015

My first time ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and you’re having an awesome week.  On Thursday on this post I mentioned I’d created something for the very first time and that something is my version of Tim Holtz’s July 2015 tag.   I’ve been very nervous of doing this but I am happy with the end result so here is my tag …

  
I'm somewhat surprised that I am sharing this lol! 
  
I love these newish stamps lol!
A final look
Created for this:

Tim’s July tag is all about the red, white and blue and the patriotism and the pride that America has in their country.  Because I only have a few sets of Tim Holtz stamps, one tool and multiple Distress IPs I had to think about what I could use or adapt and I had a lovely play session this weekend after I had a light bulb moment.  Our flag is red, white and blue and a lot of our history is interspersed with roses and that was my starting point.  As much as I could I followed the techniques on Tim’s blog.    I wanted there to be a little bit of ‘me’ incorporated into my tag too.

I don’t have many of Tim’s papers and what I do have would have looked really odd so I coloured my tag with inks and created a coloured distress paper to use as the background underneath the flowers.  I followed steps 3-16 to stamp and colour the flowers.  Then I used my old Pro-Markers to quickly draw and colour a flag.  I tore my coloured paper to fit on my tag (a little too small as it turned out), glued that in place and adhered the stamped flowers at the top and bottom.  I stuck my flag in the middle and used my TH ruler and Pigma pen to add faux stitching.  As I’ve said this is the first time for me, and it was fun!  I will do this again, hopefully next month and for the rest of the year.

My regular visitors know I’m constantly experimenting and started out anew in January.  Little by little my style is progressing, changing and sometimes improving too.  That has given me a confidence boost and I knew I had to get over my fear and share my version of the July tag.   Please be gentle with me as I don’t have many of these awesome products as I would love to own and I’m only just starting this journey.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Floral Garden stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Tim Holtz ruler (the one with the holes in); water brush; craft mat; spray bottle of water (to bend the ink with)

Card Paper:
Ranger manila tag; scraps of watercolour card from my stash

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress IPs: Faded Jeans; Brushed Corduroy; Tea Dye; Barn Door
Pigma Micron: black fine nib pen
My very old ProMarker pens were used to create the UK flag

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. – years old

No comments: