Thursday, 23 July 2015

On holidaymabobs lol, in my imagination ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and you week has started and ends well.  I’m very happy to finally have inked and used this beautiful stamp.  Thank you so much Brenda, this is one of the beautiful recycled candy stamps I won from Brenda.  This one is going to be used a lot and here it is …
  
Another A6 card  I can feel the sun beating down on me!
A final look with at all the gorgeous colours!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Tando stencil; Ranger Archival IP; Ranger Perfect Pearls; Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Country View Crafts Challenge On Your Travels 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge ‘I’ for inspired & iridescent

  Tando Creative Challenge July Colours

 That’s Crafty Challenge Stencils &/or Masks


When I got this stamp out from my box of not used yet stamps I knew exactly how I wanted the finished piece to be.  I wanted to create a card that looked like it had been painted or a photograph taken in Provence.  I wanted the whole thing to have that look and feel.  In my mind (I’ve always had an over active imagination), we are travelling through the Provence region of France.  We have parked the car at the turning for this beautiful chateau and we are going to have a lovely holiday staying in a Gites. 
I think I’ve conveyed the look and the feel that I was trying to create with this card.  I used bright Provence style colours on the stamped piece and I had a lot of fun playing with paints, glossy medium, Perfect Pearls and a Tando stencil creating a burnt orange background.  I created the background and left that to dry before stamping and colouring the gate and flower with H2Os.
I was very surprised when I started typing this post, the details and adding the photographs: that this is my 100th post: that happened so quickly!  In fact it happened a lot quicker than I expected.  Once I’ve my current creations finished, photographed and blogged I will add a candy for you lovelies.  Getting more followers would be good but it’s not an obsession for me any longer.  That is so very different to how I felt when I was blogging on Stamping In Pink.  I have changed my outlook since Christmas and although it’s taken me a lot of time I know it was worth it.  Thank you all for believing in me and my journey: you lovely lot will never know how much that means to me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
La Blanche silicon stamp
Simon Says Stamps: Be sentiment stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Stampin Up Label punch

Stencil:
Tando Creative stencil

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card for stamping and stencilling; Crafters Companion A4 Black Matt card for base; snippet coloured with SNATs for stamping sentiment onto

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Archival IP: Sepia # ; Ranger Perfect Pearls: Copper # ; Gold #
Tim Holtz Distress IP: faded jeans
H2O paints #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape (I use this to attach the stencil)
Maimeri Glossy Mediuim

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a beautiful stamp Karen...love what you've done with it, the colours are so vibrant. Carol x

Maura Hibbitts said...

Beautiful piece! I love your vibrant use of color, and it makes me feel like I am traveling to a new land. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Karen this is stunning. I can feel the sun too. Thanks for playing along with us CCVC hugs Debs xx

Jaine Drake said...

Wow, doesn't the red pop on the blue. Thank you from the ASOI team.