Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Red Riding Hood ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  
I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.
I got use a new stamp from the box of new stamps: yay!  I love this image, so pretty and so fun to colour and here it is …

  
An A6 card with a mixed media twist 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Raise It Up (see below)
  Paperbabe Stamps Challenge Photo Inspiration


  The Shabby Tea Room #256 Summer Picnic


Another mixed media card that I really enjoyed creating!  Red is a very cute image that was a lot of fun to stamp and colour. 

#1 I created an A6 white card then I stamped and embossed May Lee Dee Red onto large snippet, A6-ish size, and stamped her a second time onto a white snippet. 

#2 I decided to paint a background scene with H2Os, I left the sky and ground to dry for about 15 minutes before colouring May Lee Dee Red with watercolour pencils and H2O paints.  I left it to completely dry before moving onto the next step.
 
#3 I used a paintbrush and white acrylic paint to draw an outline of fluffy white clouds.  Once I was happy with the shape and size of the clouds I used more paint to fill the clouds and I left it to dry overnight (the paint was thick).

#4 I coloured the card snippet that had May Lee Dee Red stamped and embossed with H2Os and watercolour pencils.  I left it to completely dry before fussy cutting and attaching as a decoupage layer on the scene with foam pads.

#5 I used an A6 snippet of white card that I covered with a stamp and inks and attached to the base card with tape.  Lots of depth and dimension: simples lol!   

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: May Lee Dee Red Riding Hood
I used an old unknown background stamp to create a background paper

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Joy Crafts flower dies

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; glue spatula (to add texture to the clouds)

Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents to stamp on and create a base, and a snippet for stamping and embossing

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW Embossing Powder: black sparkle
Distress IPs: salty ocean; peacock feather; shaded lilac; squeezed lemonade
H2O paints #; The Works white acrylic paint

Embellishments:
Wooden flowers from my stash #; brads from my stash #; metallic pearls from stash #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

9 comments:

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi Karen,
Your Little Red Riding Hood has stolen my heart! I love the dimension you've added, lifting her right up off the card. You've used wonderful textures as well. A beautiful project! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kerrie Brown said...

Such a gorgeous Project - Mayleedee Little Red looks amazing

Thank you so much for entering the 'Picture Inspiration' Challenge over at paperbabe stamps

Krafty Hugs xx
Kerrie (paperbabe DT)

rachel said...

such a lovely make Karen - I adore this image - thanks for the reminder of your candy - I must add that to my sidebar xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, what a lovely image. Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous creation Karen love the image also the wonderful texture of the clouds a superb design.
hugs
lorraine x

Cec said...

Super cute and love that you made Little Red Riding Hood pop against the textured clouds in the background. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Lynn K said...

Adoable mixed media card! I just love your Little Miss Riding Hood!!! Great color choices! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

Donna B. said...

She's so cute! Love the clouds. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Delphine said...

Gorgeous Mixed Media card, Karen! I love the scene you have created and I LOVE this image so much! Thanks for joining us at Paperbabe Stamps and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx