Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Summer in California ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  You will be pleased to hear that I have just one more July calendar page to share with you tomorrow, I’m pretty sure I must have bored you with them, however I’ve loved creating them so much!  I also wanted to say thanks to the lovely Lorraine for adding her name to my Google Followers button!  I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.
I’m looking forward to seeing and creating with the new theme in August.  The difference on how you use or water down the SNATs can be seen at this post or this post being able to do different colours, whether they are bold or bright, is one of the reasons why I really love them!  Here is my Californian Summer calendar page …

A5 with plenty of space for me to add the calendar onto! 
I deliberately went over the trees on the island with a little H2Os to give a lovely shimmer 
I love these stamps - so versatile!
   
Some of the details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Artistic Challenge Blog: Use water (liquid) in some way on your creation
Frosted Designs Challenge Here Comes the Sun
Love to Scrap Challenge #58 Anything Goes 
#1 Colours: blue and green
This card stock takes a lot of product and water; inks; more water; lot more water etc. & it still works & doesn’t disintegrate
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #70 Sun, sea and sand


I started out by covering the card with a layer of water (a wash) and put it to one side whilst I mixed the blue and yellow inks with water, but not as much water as I did here.  I start at the top of the card/paper and work my way down.  I painted the blue sky and grabbed a tissue to take some of the colour out (for the clouds).  Next I added a little more ink to my blue wash and coloured the ocean.  I waited a couple of minutes before adding a little more water and then the yellow wash.
I used my heat gun to dry the card which caused it to curl up rapidly.  Once it was nearly dry I popped it under a container on my desk to flatten it overnight.  The next day I stamped some grasses with the inks again and grabbed one of my chalk ink pads to add the purple flowers and once dry I stamped and embossed the grasses in gold, then added the final dragonflies.
I’m so very happy with these inks and what they can do.  But I need more of them, at least two more lol!  The Essentials set and the Grunge set are the two I need next, come on Lotto we really need to win some time lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A5 stamp sets:

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; Ranger ink blending foam; paintbrushes; pot of water; paint pallette with deep wells

Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion: A4 matt black card; Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir: Primary AquaTints
WOW Embossing Powder:
Ink Pads: purple chalk dew drop #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

19 comments:

rachel said...

Beautiful work Karen - a gorgeous scene - I could do with going there myself - big hugs Rachel x

Tone-Lill said...

This is stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic :)

Dolly B said...

Gorgeous, love those little touches of gold . Beautiful colour palette , so soft and serene . Thank you for sharing with us ARTastic

Mary

Deb said...

This is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at ARTastic.

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful Karen! Love the colors!

Wendy O'Keeffe said...

Lovely calendar page. Thank you for sharing it with us at ARTastic.

Heather said...

A beautiful calendar page Karen, a lovely scene and wonderfully coloured with the touches of gold highlights!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Lizzy Hill said...

This looks absolutely FABULOUS.....love how you've pulled the colours from our challenge over at ARTastic....and H2O's ROCK!!! Thanks so much for joining in this month!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really pretty Karen. Awesome colours and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

DIANA L. said...

I love the scene you created and all the dragon flies at the bottom very pretty. Ps I have also extended this challenge another week and you can enter three more times
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #161 “SUMMERTIME” Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Cherished said...

Very Pretty. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a beautiful project design. Love the colors and added gold to bring out the richness of the design. Thanks for your entry in the Frosted Designs Challenge.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a beautiful design. Love the colors and image. Thanks for your entry in the Frosted Designs Challenge.

Cazro said...

A brilliant idea. I love the scene, it can create dreams of far away places. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Sue said...

Wow Karen, another beautiful page. The stamps you have used are wonderfu! Thank you so much for playing along with us again on our travel challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Lillian A said...

Nice, relaxing scene - well done. Thank you for entering our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous landscape you've created! Love the dragonflies in the beautiful grass! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Helene Siermans said...

Wow! I love the scene you created. Like the way you used the dragonflies and the texture you created. A beautiful card!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Good luck!
Nick