Tuesday, 14 July 2015

The same stamps but different style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am sorry but I just couldn’t resist it – I had to play with these stamps again.  So I have a, um well I think, distressed card to share with you today and here it is …

 
A one layer A6 card but so different
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge #70 Anything Goes
Stamplorations Challenge Stamps & Distressing


I have no idea where this one came from.  One minute I was colouring the flower stamp with the H2O paints, stamping them, then using a wet brush to colour the flowers with, and I had planned to go for a bright summer coloured background but it didn’t feel right so I allowed myself to go where I don’t normally like to go and used dark distress ink pad and ink blending foam to colour the background.  I put it to one side to thoroughly dry and showed it do DH when it was dry. 
I felt that something was missing and as per usual a chat with OH pointed me in the right direction.  The flowers needed more definition so I over stamped them with paints that were a little darker than the original colours and that made them pop even more.
As I was having a lot fun I just let loose and went with it.  It turned out to be one of the rare times that I know I have created a distressed or vintage or grunge card and what surprised me even more was the fact that I love it!  Playing out of my comfort zone has, once again been so very good for me. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps Shop: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Snippet of white card to stamp and paint; A4 white card to create base
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O paints #; Tim Holtz DIP: Peeled Paint; watercolour pencils (to better define the stem and leaves)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I'd definitely say this is distressed. Isn't it funny that a design can start out one thing and then completely take a different turn? Ah-mazeballs.

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen - those flowers look so rich and they really do pop!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

a great make Karen and I love that you speak to your OH about your work - thats lovely xx

Sandra said...

lovely card, they are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

LauraJane:) said...

I think it looks like rich wrapping paper:) Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Julie B said...

Well done sticking with it as it turned out fab at the end.
Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

aaemie said...

AMAZING! TFS with us at OCS.