Monday, 27 July 2015

Today I am in Barbados ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  During the day on Saturday I finished and photographed several projects I had created.  One of those is my Christmas Card Club card and several that I finished especially for certain challenges too. 
Saturday night I sat down to edit my photos and type my posts so that I could upload them on Sunday.  I finished my editing and I realised I hadn’t photographed the Christmas card and I was too tired to do it then.  I planned to photograph the card as soon as I got up and to quickly edit and watermark my photos.  I didn’t sleep well because I had a dreadful pain laden night.  I’ll get my card photographed and uploaded once I can stand for more than two minutes: I really hate my back issues and how it limits our lives.
Today I’ve another calendar card to show you today and here it is …

Another A5 calendar card
I really love the end result
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge #70 Anything Goes
 Love to Scrap Challenge #58 Anything Goes 
This card stock takes a lot of product and water; inks; more water; lot more water etc. & it still works & doesn’t disintegrate
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #70 Sun, sea and sand


I’m really happy with how this one page turned out.  In my mind I’m basking in the warmth of the day, relaxing my back on the warm sand, with the sun being warm but not too hot.  I’m also dipping my toes into that lovely lush water.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Free magazine stamp that I have owned for ages and happy to use it at last #

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; paint pallette

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents; A4 Matt Black card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Crafter’s Companion: Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTint inks
WOW Embossing Powder: WH03 Evergreen
The Works: Crawford & Black White Acrylic paint
Clear glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# very old stash at least two years old, maybe longer

14 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card!! :) thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful work Karen. I hope you feel better!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I'm right there with you Karen, sound lovely.
A beautifully created card, love the colours together and super image.
Lorraine

SARN said...

This is just SUPERB Karen. Very artistic.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

I adore this one Karen - the painting is brilliant and the colours perfect - I could be whisked over there myself!! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges too! Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Hope your back is easing now Karen. Love this page, the colours are perfect and you've done a fab job with the painting. Carol x

Irish Scrapper said...

I love everything about this creation, the texture, colours everything.
Thank you for joining us for this months challenge, Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, loving the beach huts. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Sue said...

I love this Karen, it's like the Summer we never had lol. I hope you back eases up soon. Thank you so much for joining in with our travel challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! The colours are really gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Heather said...

Yep, it makes me feel like I'm at the beach, too. Maybe that's because I just was. : ) Anyway, this is very cool. Love the water color look and the bit of glitter on the sand. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

maggie said...

A lovely calendar card.

Crafty Claire said...

A really lovely calendar page. It reminds me of misty summer mornings very early at the beach xx

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Hi Karen, Love your card ! lovely summer card !
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly challenges and good Luck
Maryvonne DT Member