Sunday, 12 July 2015

Trees at Christmas Card Club ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I actually managed to do some crafting yesterday and made sure the first project to finish was for our lovely Christmas Card Club.  It was the lovely GranMargaret’s choice for this challenge and she chose Trees.  Now that was fabulous for me because I think I’ve only used this stamp set just once before and as the H2O paints were out I decided to use them to stamp the trees with.  Here is my snippet busting; stamps not used much before; and use paints I only play with every so often card lol 

  
Yep another A6 which is fab for posting! 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


It’s a shame that you can’t see the shimmer from the H2O paints on this one but it is there.  I’m experimenting right now, I didn’t plan for it to be distressed it’s just where the creative process is taking me right now lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming week ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Woodware Clear Stamp Set: FRS278 Winter Forest
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; spray bottle of water; pot of water
Card Paper:
Snippets white card to stamp onto; C6 card; snippets glitter card #; snippets Christmas papers #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW EP: Platinum; two shades of green H2O paints #
Embellishments:
Rick rack ribbon from my stash #; enamel dot from my stash #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. – years old

28 comments:

MaryH said...

Karen, it's just beautiful. So much eye candy with all the different papers, the techniques, and the pretty long-ish design of the overall card. Yay for you on this creative journey, where you're experimenting with so many interesting and fun techniques! Have a grand day. TFS & Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Your trees look great with the watercolours. Rushing out the door to the second scrapbook store garage sale...will have my card up later today once i am home again.

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely card Karen. Your painted tree is great. Photographs never show shine and sparkle at their best unfortunately, but I'm sure we all have the idea. Chrisitne x

Debbie said...

Thank you for joining in this week at ~Sweet Stampin~ with your lovely project. Debbie x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Karen....
Love those trees....
Hope you are well...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Zoe Tant said...

Oh Karen this is so striking and yes perfect for you getting that lovely stamp out and using your paints to develop such a stunning card. Zx

Rita said...

What a great card Karen. Love your design. Hugs Rita xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Karen, what a stunning card all the different colours and textures are so lovely, hugs Kate x

dutchess said...

what fun you have been having and it's so lovely you are letting your art take you along....experimenting is the best way to develop your style, and I love it, it's so vibrant and full of colour beautiful xxxx

rachel said...

beautiful work Karen - love this to bits xx Big hugs \rachel x

Di said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I do so love Twinkling H2Os and totally appreciate how much they shimmer in real life.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Great card Karen! and thanks for joining us again at Crafty Calendar huggles Sue xx

Karon said...

Wonderful card - love all the layers. Thanks for joining us for our Add some Embossing Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work, Karen, I too need to get cracking on my Christmas cards, trouble is flat out keeping up with birthdays..

That's my excuse anyway :), I really love all the bits in this card, tis quite satisfying to use up snippets, Not Much Used Schtuff, and make a Christmas card to boot!!!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The H2O trees look fabulous and I know they are so shimmery in real life as I have some H2O's myself and they are awesome. The camera just never picks up sparkle or shimmer, it is a shame. A great design Karen and another lovely addition to your Christmas box.
Lorraine

Dianchik said...

What a wonderful card! Love the design and your choice of colors. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!
Diana DT

Karen B said...

Great card Karen - so different. Love all the textures.

Karen x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Gorgeous holiday card Karen! I love those trees, and you did them on two panels like that! Shimmer is so hard to capture on camera, bet this is really sparkly in real life! hugs :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 236 and also my Patterned paper July challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Anjie said...

Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Embossing challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (Senior DT)

Mrs A. said...

What can I say other than tis Beautiful!!. Love it. hugs Mrs A.

Paddington fan said...

A beautiful Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week love Jacky x

Cazro said...

A terrific tree card, loving your design. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz

Jackie Maunder said...

You have been having fun experimenting with different media. Love Twinkling H2os. Good luck and thanks foe entering the embossing challenge at the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog, Jackie (Polkadoodles DT)

Carol said...

Love this Karen...great design and lots of creativity, not to mention all the stash busting. Carol xx

Joan said...

fabulous card, love the trees, its good to play and experiment some times and you've made a great card

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas this month

Joan

chanya13 said...

So cute and sweet card. Thanks for joining us in our Add some embossing at Polkadoodles Hugs Agnieszka DT

Jo said...

Fabulous, great design. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here
You can find my atc swap here