Thursday, 27 August 2015

A birthday card for those pesky men ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well,  I’ve created a  couple of male themed birthday cards this past week so that I have a stash for us and a stash to give to my mum and our Beth the next time we’re all together, hopefully in a couple of weeks.  Here is one I’ve created for some challenges and for the male birthday box …

  
A 125mm square card 
A fabulous fun background 
  
I love this cute little robot!
 It's a super fun stamp perfect for those men!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: Anything Goes in Blue  
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #216 Splish Splash:
I used Spectrum Noir AquaTints like watercolour paints
I used AquaTints on both papers and the robot

Inspired by August colour pallette & theme


I also managed to use quite a lot of different mixed media backgrounds I have previously created.  It’s very hard for me because I’ve found that I love that I love experimenting with old and new products, creating what I want, what colours I want and how I want the papers to feel and look.  I have got to shrink my bulging folder of them before I m8ake any more lol!  I also have a current obsession for texture and there are multiple textures and products on this project and thankfully nothing that could be considered ‘girly’ lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Stampendous robot stamp set #
Stencil: Dutch Doobadoo Mask Art: A5 Circles
Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; ink blending foam
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White for card and snippets for stamping; The Works A4 card for background experiments
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints (sky and blue colours); Ranger Archival Jet Black IP
Embellishments: My Minds Eye embellishments from an old mini kit #; blue brads #
Mediums: Maimeri glossy gel for acting as a resist on the LHS piece; glycerine was used on the larger piece and the inks were blended through a stencil
Adhesives: double side sided tape; Colall tacky glue; Stix2 glue gun

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


9 comments:

brenda said...

What a great funky robot Karen, makes perfect cards for the guys as well. I always struggle with them as well and have this bad habit of falling back on favourites, but then find I have to think really hard what design I sent last time.

B x

Di said...

Great card Karen - and as you say, a perfect man's card too! I'm always stuck for ideas for chaps and this ticks all the boxes!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love your fabulous Robot, he's quite adorable! Your background is fun, your background is fabulous! This is a wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions!

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is SO fun, Karen! I LOVE the great image/sentiment combo--and the colors are fabulous! The silver is perfect, too! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! super cute card, fabulous design! so glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

SARN said...

FUN card Karen . . . masculine cards are the hardest to do aren't they!? xxx

Chris D. said...

What a fun image and card! Love the background and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Taunya Butler said...

I think this card is awesome and so fun!!

Donna said...

Love this card Karen! The colours and that robot...just awesome!
Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our Splish Splash challenge!!