Sunday, 30 August 2015

A final off the page project for August challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well, especially as it’s a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK and some peeps won’t have to work – I hope you all get to play and keep dry.  It has been a typical UK summer of variable weather and talk about getting an entry into a challenge by the skin of my teeth!  I started this project on August 2 and last night I remembered I wanted to finish it lol!  I don’t think I’ve ever made as many of the page projects as I created this month and I’ve loved it lol!  I’ve another experimental piece to share with you tonight and here it is …

 
Another decorated chipboard circle 
Love these stamps! 
  
Some made by me embellishments, it's been a long time since I created some roses, need to practise!
Another decorated circle which will go in my completed off the page projects suitable for Christmas!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Lavinia Stamps Challenge Anything Goes Not a Card 
 Lisa B Designs Challenge Lavinia Stamps
 Stamp and Create Challenge One for the Girls
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp and a Die
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Sending You Flowers


Over the summer I’ve played an awful lot with my old H2O’s and newer Spectrum Noir AquaTints.  I’m now experimenting using them both on my projects and because I wanted my air dry clay flowers to shimmer I added Ranger Perfect Pearl powder to my palette along with purple Spectrum Noir AquaTints: it adds a lovely shimmer to my colours. 
This background was another experiment.  I had finished colouring the images I wanted to colour with the H2Os yet there was still some water in the H2O pots.  I’ve a stash of A4 glossy printer paper from when I was on Joanna Sheen’s DT and I wanted to see if I can use it with my different mediums.  I poured the H2O water in puddles on the glossy paper and brushed the colours out which created a gorgeous ombre effect. 
I left the paper to dry whilst I die cut white snippets with my TH Tattered Floral die which I coloured with my new Spectrum Noir AquaTints (thank you Crafters Companion for the July challenge win).  From experimenting with the glossy paper I’ve found that the glossy paper needs to dry naturally because it bubbles if you go too close with a heat gun when embossing.  The rest of the project was relatively simple and easy to do:  another two old stash items used: result!
I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Lavinia stamps

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; orchid mould # ; Stix2 glue gun

Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 printer paper; chipboard circle #; snippets white card for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: H2O paints # ; WOW Amethyst Embossing Powder; Adirondack purple IP # ; Spectrum Noir AquaTints sets: yellow from perfectly primary; purple from beautifully grunge set

Embellishments: glitter # ; air dry clay

Adhesives/Mediums: Air dry clay; Versamark IP; Hobbycraft glue sticks; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and tools, no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


14 comments:

Carol said...

Another very pretty piece Karen. Carol x

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

That is lovely. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs blog challenge.

Lynne K said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous, Karen, love the colours and the flowers are stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Di said...

Really pretty Karen - and those flowers are luscious! I must play with my H2Os soon - they're sadly neglected these days and seeing your work has prompted me!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Oh this is LOVELY Karen. xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a beautiful project! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo
Susi

Barb said...

What a lovely project Karen. All your flowers look gorgeous and I enjoyed reading about your experimenting. Barbxx

Team Clark said...

This is so lovely! I love the color!

Margik said...

This project is very beautiful! Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Mar

Margik said...

This project is very beautiful!Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous flowers on this wonderful and cool project!!

brenda said...

An absolutely beautiful card and combination of stamping and die cutting Karen, it's perfect for our theme this month, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful, love all the work your taken to do.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby