Saturday, 8 August 2015

A floral garden ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you’re having a lovely weekend.  I’ve been playing with one of my flower stamp sets and here is something I created especially for some challenges …

  
Back to A6 size! 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #323 Inspired by Summer
CAS-ual Chic Challenge CCC02 Pretty Patterns
Deep Ocean Challenge Summer
DL Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #162 Anything Goes

 
 Inspired by Stamping Challenge #IBSIC96 Colours, Sketch & Theme
I was inspired by the theme of Floral Paper and the Colours

  Paper Sweeties Challenge #34 Happy Birthday 


I created this card because I wanted to see if I could create a whole background and if I would like it when I finished.  I have learnt quite a lot doing this.  Using my little/smaller stamps means I can create my own bespoke backgrounds.  I have also learnt that I sort of like the end result.  Also I need to remember that I like some blank/white space and I don’t have to fill the whole page up lol! 

I tend to do things full tilt or not at all most of the time so I should be more aware and realise that by now, but I don’t lol, I get too carried away with what I’m doing and focus completely on that one thing.  However it was fun to do and I know I’ll do more because once that patterned paper is used up I will have to start on using all those ink pads too.  Being a crafter has certainly led me to the knowledge that I am an inner hoarder and that is something I’m not happy about!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  I will be back tomorrow.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend.  I will be back tomorrow for our lovely Christmas Card Club, getting myself geared up for Christmas and hoping it won’t be such a panic again this year  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping stamp set
           
Card Paper:
Snippets of pink and white card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Adirondack IPs: lettuce; wild plum; butterscotch #
Distress IPs: peeled paint; worn lipstick
Brilliance Pearlescent IPs: lime; orchid

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: rose buds
Pink bow *

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Collall 3D glue gel

* a gift from my lovely friend Claire


# VOS at least seven years old and I don’t think they are being made any longer

18 comments:

Carol said...

You rocked this Karen...it's beautiful, so pretty. Carol x

ellyscard creatief said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love it.

Taunya Butler said...

I am in awe at the way you combined deep, gorgeous colors and those beautiful blooms to make this!! It is so impressive and I am SO very amazed at all the challenges you joined this card too!! Super amazing!!! Hope your day is lovely!!

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous floral card -- love how you created the background and then added the 3-D floral bouquet on top of the background -- so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us for the Paper Sweetie August challenge :)

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I thought it was patterned paper, way to go on stamping and creating your own! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is OH so pretty, Karen! LOVE all the fabulous flowers! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping & Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous card Karen!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Inky Kitty said...

loving the florals stamped on this card. Thank you for joining The Artistic Stamper challenge this month.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful floral card
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Lori m said...

Very pretty card, I love the floral background, beautiful!

Hugs, Lori m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jo Herbert said...

Love this card, such a fun card. Thanks for Joining us at Inspired By Stamping.
Hugs Jo
IBS DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a pretty card. The colours that you've used are absolutely perfect :)

Whisper said...

Simply delightful and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Zoey Emanuela Scarpelli said...

Karen, this is so beautiful and well combined together!

Thank you for taking part of the CAS-ual Chic monthly challange!
Stay Happy, Stay Creative!
Zoey ( www.scrapsaurus.blogspot.com )

Cheryl said...

Fabulous stamped background! Love the colors you used, and the tiny paper flowers, all by themselves against it are gorgeous. Thanks so much for helping us celebrate Paper Sweeties' 3rd Birthday in the Happy Birthday Challenge!

Team Clark said...

This is so pretty, all that layered stampy goodness!