Tuesday, 25 August 2015

An unusual background ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week’s going well.  I’ve projects and posts I need to get back to.  I need to create, finish, photograph, edit photographs, type posts and schedule my posts for DT obligations, Christmas card club and challenges.  I may be MIA for a few days because of trying to catch up. 

We've had severe issues with Windows 10.  We planned to update over the coming UK bank holiday.  The DT obligations, Christmas Card Club and projects I created should have been finished and the steps above covered by now.  I can’t remember the last time I felt so dumb, so lacking and so useless computer-wise.  It’s fair to say that we’re not happy that our computers automatically updated.  DH had to un-install some of it because the laptop wasn't usable, DH is still having serious issues and this laptop is not perfect but I'm now able to get back to and finish my projects, photographs, edit photographs and type my posts.  I know many have not had issues but we have, and that was shocking.  DH was and still is a computer geek and if a computer geek is struggling with updates something’s not right lol!  I’ve wanted to rip my hair out at times grrr!  Anyways I can now get back to what I need to do and I'll be crafting and working in the background this week to catch up: because it all went so wrong over the weekend I had to stop what I was doing and we had to get this sorted for both of us.  

Here is a mixed media card I created especially for some challenges, and thank goodness it was created, photographed, photo’s edited but no post written before the laptop/Windows 10 went potty … 
  
 
A little 125mm square card 
Isn't she lovely!  I'll try to play with the other Rubber Dance stamps I own next lol!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Pens &/or Pencils: watercolour pencils

Colours & Optional Twist in the garden


Try It On Tuesday Challenge Sending You Flowers


A month or two ago I had a bad fibro flare which meant I couldn’t sit upright at my craft desk, our sofa or our chairs for several days.  I was frustrated and grumpy because I’d had an idea for a background that I really wanted to try before I forgot.  DH went into my craft room (aka the room of complete and utter mess) and found the stencil, the watercolour pencils, a rejected canvas and a rejected canvas snippet for me so lying on my front on the sofa I quickly got the rough idea drawn.
A couple of hours later I had an A3‘ish’ sheet of canvas which I covered with watercolour pencilled dots using one of my Tando stencils.  DH then located a small paintbrush and a pot of water for me.  I was still having to lie on my front at this stage and I used a damp (very lightly) paintbrush to draw the colour in (it was barely damp because I wanted the colours to stay where they were and not blend too much).  I am going to do this again soon.  I’ve no idea why or where I thought of this, I may have been inspired by a blog or Pinterest Pin and I don’t really care because I love the background sheet, all from a piece of art that I tried to create and was going to bin lol.  I had a snippet of canvas paper, probably 125mm x 210mm, that DH located and I drew free form blobs on that piece.  That turned out just as good as I hoped it would so now I have one largish background sheet and one small snippet that are unique in the way that I created and coloured them.  I love it when it works!!!  There was a final bonus after creating these backgrounds: I found doing this so relaxing and so soothing that my fibro flare eased and I was able to sit back upright for an hour or two. 

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Rubber Dance stamp
Stencil: Tando Creative Dots Stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water
Card Paper: The Works Canvas paper; 5” square scalloped card #; snippet of MM paper I created with the same stencil and Maimeri glossy gel; a snippet of inky BG paper created with AquaTints underneath the image too
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Faber Castel watercolour pencils; The Works acrylic paints
Ranger Archival IP: Sepia
Embellishments: WOC Daisy’s
Adhesives/Mediums: Double sided tape; Stix2 glue gun (thank you Brenda)

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old


14 comments:

Sally H said...

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I may wait a little longer before I do something with mine, now! You card is absolutely gorgeous and the background is stunning - what a great technique! Hope you are feeling a bit better now x

Carol said...

Fabulous image, super background and brilliant shape all tie together to make a gorgeous card Karen...love this. I initially had very few problems with Win10 but have noticed a few more creeping in that weren't there to start with! I can't use Edge to add a picture to a post anymore...but Chrome still works fine so no real problems. Hope you get sorted soon. Carol x

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love that stamp too! Hope you're feeling better!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful background you have created and I understand how frustrating computer issues can be! Good you have a computer savvy hubby to help you
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Cool background you've made, and of course a lovely center image - thank you for using one of my stamps and for entering our August challenge once more!

Majo said...

Wow, love that background! Such a lovely card and great use of our colours and theme this month! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps ♥

brenda said...

Windows 10...........................don't get me started, 8 and 8.1 was bad enough !! The update was waiting on screen ready when we switched on after holiday, installed and immediately was unable to access the internet along with other programmes, spent a whole day trying to resolve it and in the end uninstalled. Next morning it started automatically installing again so had to go through the whole process again. Fingers crossed it's got the message now.

Love today's card, the image is really dreamy and beautifully textured and coloured background.

B x

rachel said...

what a wonderful image - I adore it - fantastic! so sorry to hear about your computer problems - I decided to hold fire for a few months and wait and see - I haven't heard much good yet so I'm thinking I won't bother! Hugs rachel x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for joining us at TIOT's! oxo Susi

SARN said...

Grrrr . . . naughty computers.

Lovely card though Karen.

Great news that you found creating a background during a flare up so relaxing that it helped ease the discomfort for a while.

Carry on crafting!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Oh Wondows 10 is causing a lot of gried apparently. Has your hbby thought about trying Linux? It's free and we use it on everything here apart from one laptop which Len needs Windows on for some weird reason. Why they use Joe Public to do their testing for them used to drive me nuts!!

Wonderful work here Karen, love the image and the background is gorgeous! I'm astounded at your tenacity, crafting whilst lying on your front. Bless yah kiddo!

Hugs

Di xx

Taunya Butler said...

I think this background is beautiful and as a whole, this card is super lovely!! Wonderfully done!!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous creation... thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge!

xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Artatag said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!