Monday, 10 August 2015

Another Christmas Creation and lots of photo's again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started on a good note.  Firstly I have to confess the following: I am in love with the shabby chic style that some of my DT members and other shabby chic style bloggers create.   Because of yesterday’s Christmas Card Club challenge and seeing their gorgeous creations I’ve been ‘playing’ and ‘experimenting’ shabby style adding more details, layers and textures and that is what inspired me to create this …

  
The first side with the lovely angels 
  
The embellishments close up

 
The second side 
The main details  
  

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creatalicious Challenge #77 More Than One Fold 
Diva’s That Die Cut Challenge Favourite Holiday Christmas
Polkadoodles Challenge #31 More Than One Fold 
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Anything but a Birthday
Winter Wonderland Challenge Christmas Carol The Angels & Shepherds


A whole lot of layers of DP, toppers, die cuts, and very old embellishments were used to decorate this bag!  I really, really enjoyed doing it and will make a couple more as soon as I can.  I wanted to ensure that there was stamping included, after all it’s one of my creations and always includes stamping to make me happy lol!  I used an old mini stamp to create a mini poinsettia panel, added a little magic mesh to decorate, stamped poinsettias onto white card snippets.  I used my old Sakura sparkle pens to draw a line inside of the stamped poinsettias and used a thin paint brush to draw the colour out.
 
I tried a technique to see if I could mimic the look of Stampendous shabby chic powders and add a little distressed EP look (I love Stampendous powders but have pledged to myself not to purchase any new until all my old stash is gone).  I used the last of a LOTV panel that came from a candy from Lee and old loose glitter mixed with flocking to add sparkle and texture to the angel wings.  Decorating the brown bag turned out to be a fabulous way to use old stash, old embellishments and a fabulous snippet buster too.  The only new thing is the paper bag – I purchased a pack from E-bay a couple of months ago to decorate them, hopefully well before Christmas lol! 

I hope you all like as much as I do and if you ever want a step by step just give me a yell and a couple of weeks and I’ll share exactly how I created it.  I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Woodware sentiment stamp from a set
Mini Poinsettia & Holly stamps #

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box: mini bow die

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; sponge brush

Card Paper:
E-Bay: Brown bag
12” square K & Co. Blossomwood paper stack #
Snippets white card for stamping and decoupage

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; gold and silver EP #
Sakura Sparkle pens; red acrylic paint

Embellishments:
Organza ribbon from my stash; mini Christmas present baubles *
Craftwork Cards: scalloped squares #
LOTV Christmas topper #
Magic mesh #; glitter and flock mix #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads; dries clear glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old

24 comments:

Arlene said...

Cute and FUN! We can always use bags for gifts. So nice to have a beautifully decorated bag to hold the goodies.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Furrbster said...

These are really pretty - I love it!

Hugz Tinz

Carol said...

A gorgeous way to present a pressie Karen, love all your layers. Carol x

Hettie said...

Very pretty bag Karen. I must think about getting some done for C instead of leaving it until the last minute and running out of time.
Artistic Outpost are sold at That's Crafty. There are some fabulous sets, I have a few. One of my favourite stamp companies but not bought any lately as I am, like you, trying not to buy more.
The Cockerel was brought back from US by my Bestie and the EF I think is a SU one.
Hugs
xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous creation.

rachel said...

a really gorgeous gift bag Karen - beautiful xx

Asha said...

Really gorgeous, Karen. I don't understand shabby chic and this style is something I try to avoid. But you've done a great job with the die cuts and lovely layers. The angels are adorable too. Thank you so much for your kind words about André.
Big hugs, Asha

Taunya Butler said...

I think this is pretty and so very wonderful for Christmas!! Who cares what present is in this bag - it is a gift in itself!! So lovely and you added great details and perfect touches!!!

SARN said...

What a fabulous looking festive bag Karen. Love how you've decorated it.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Eve's Card Designs said...

Great project! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Polkadoodles Challenge and our theme of 'More than One Fold'. Yvonne (DT)

Di said...

Wow, that's one lovely gift bag Karen! Someone is going to love being given that at Christmas - love all the detail you added and red and Kraft go together so well.

Hugs

Di xx

Chris said...

A beautiful gift bag here Karen! I could do with making some of these myself (and will wish I had come December!!!). Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Tammy said...

Beautiful Christmas gift bag! I love the images and all of the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
Tammy x

Kelly Deal said...

Lovely creations Karen!

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous!! Love the gold and glitter element in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Tie It Up” Challenge!

Cec said...

Another great Christmas project. Those little angels are adorable. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Keeley Ainsworth said...

Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

I looooovvvvve your creation, we hope to see you back here next time!

DT - Keeley Ainsworth
Noor! Design UK

Melanie said...

A wonderful project!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "more than one fold” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)
(DT Tuesday Throwdown)

Cheremane said...

Fabulous thanks for joining the Polkadoodles challenge xxx

Crafteezee said...

Your on such a roll with your Christmas makes. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
Hugs Tracy
Owner Noor!DesignUK

Cathie Borowski said...

What a fantastic way to personalize a gift bag for someone, it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Any Holiday Challenge. Cathie DT

Buttons said...

What a fun and lovely way to dress up that bag Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Lisa Babitz said...

Great gift bag! Love all the layers and details you added. I enjoyed seeing your creation over at Die Cut Divas!

Eileen said...

What a lovely bag to receive a Christmas present in. Love all the elements you have used here.
Thanks for joining in with our 'Christmas Carols / songs at Winter Wonderland this week, and good luck
Eileen x