Sunday, 2 August 2015

Another Crazy Bird! I'm obsessed ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and you had a lovely time!  I have another card to share today and here it is …

  
Another A6 card 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crop Stop Blog Anything Goes Linky
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: blue & green
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #91 Anything Goes Twist: Birds or Feathers
That’s Crafty Challenge Purple Passion
We Love 2 Create Challenge #16 MM or Creative Goes


This is such a different colour scheme for me – it’s came about because of our lovely Becca’s birthday challenge.  Teal and purple?  I've never used purple and teal before, although I had an obsession for teal a few years ago, lol!
I'm also experimenting with inks and paints to create different backgrounds and getting very mucky fingers but so happy with the results!  This is my attempt of creating the Northern Lights, still trying to get a consistent and good result for that before I share a tutorial.  
However this background is a bit too light but I loved it so much I had to use it as the background for my bird.  He is sitting on a thick tree branch (flourish snippet which I shimmered up with UTEE).  I also got to use one of my home made embellishments (Martha Stewart mould and ThermoMorph, which is sort of like Friendly Plastic).  

I really, really enjoyed making this one!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart Daisy mould *; Ranger UTEE machine # ; Paintbrushes; Heat Tool; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents for the base and snippets to stamp onto; DP from a Kanban kit #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O Paints; UTEE
Ranger: Archival Jet Black IP; Glossy Multi Medium
Pebeo blue and black acrylic paints #
ThermoMorph **

Embellishments:
Woodware white chipboard; Kanban sentiment #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; glue gun; foam pads


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

* my lovely DH gifted me more Martha Stewart moulds for Christmas a couple of years ago – sorry not sure of the name of them but they are wonderful!

** I was given a pot of ThermoMorph by the company that makes it.  I love this product and now use it instead of the foiled Friendly Plastic pieces because it is much more adaptable.   The company that makes the ThermoMorph asked me if I would share an honest review on Amazon after I had played with the product.  I gave ThermoMorph a good review because it is a great product and my views were and still are my own.  I received no compensation for the review and I now chose to use this instead of FP pieces.





8 comments:

rachel said...

I adore teal and purple - great combo - and your crazy bird looks fab! Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A gorgeous colour combo Karen, love this. Carol x

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, a lovely design and gorgeous background colour combo.....your Crazy bird is adorable with such super colouring and pretty details, especially the stunning flower!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Pat K said...

Fabulous card. Lovely design and colours for this crazy bird. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. hugs, Pat K x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.x

Shelly Hickox said...

Such a beautiful background - love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.

Jaine Drake said...

What great fun. Thank you for entering the ASOI challenge this month.

butterfly said...

Love the beautiful, softly blended colours here. Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x