Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Another off the page project ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’m busy creating my obligations and just for fun and me projects but I wanted to make sure that this was entered into the challenges that inspired me to create it …

  
I do love these hot summery colours and these flower stamps too 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Country View Crafts Challenge Summer

 Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#6 Gorgeous Textures

#5 Anything Goes with a stencil but not a card

Colours & Optional Twist in the garden



I will have a photographic step by step tutorial but not until October because of commitments so please accept my apologies.  The bits of Windows 10 that were not working for me have, thankfully, been removed yay!!!  Sadly DH has not been so lucky: he has had to delete everything and start from scratch, so happy that didn’t happen to me. 

A very quick post today as I have ‘schtuff’ I need to go back and finish, two are done just two more to do, thank goodness!  I love my bright orange, peach and lemon creation and it is staying in my craft room for the time being.  In fact I can’t wait to start creating another one, hopefully soon!  I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Simon Says Stamps: Tim Holtz Floral Garden stamp set; Le Blanche background text stamp #
Stencil: Tando Creative Sequin Waste stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: acrylic paintbrushes; SNAT paintbrushes; plastic pipettes; pot of water
Card Paper: 7” round chipboard circle #; snippets white card for flowers and stems
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints; Pebeo Acrylic paints; Ranger Archival Green IP #
Adhesives/Mediums: Maimeri Glossy Gel; Washi tape for attaching the stencil


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


16 comments:

Carol said...

I love this piece Karen, gorgeous colours, textures and design. A very pretty creation. Thanks for sharing with the mixed media team at STAMPlorations too. Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

Wonderful project with gorgeous blooms and striking colors and just so much texture and beauty!!! Lovely!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a lovely creation, so bright, cheerful and Summery. Just what we need on a day like today - torrential rain!
Love the texture and stamping you have included Karen.
Lorraine

rachel said...

gorgeous colours and layout Karen - i adore this - thankyou so much for joining us at Countryview crafts too! Hugs rachel x

brenda said...

What can I say Karen as they are Poppies !! Along with the gorgeous design, rich colours and textures this tick all the boxes for me.

B x

Tanja said...

love the beautiful flowers and all the texture - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations August Mixed Media Challenge

Zoe Tant said...

This is gorgeous Karen. I love it. Zx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.x

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is really beautiful! Boy, I love those colors! The way you have layered up the background is genius! And your poppies really pop over that script and gorgeous textured background!

Thank you for your really sweet comments on my blog! I did check out Wow! EP, and from what I can see, theme is layouts and memory keeping, so my wall hanging does not qualify. The one time I entered there, I won! Lucky!!! This is one of the EP's (on my Frilly and Funkie GDT project) I won! I love their powders! Hugs!

ellyscard creatief said...

I love Poppies, beautiful creation Karen.

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Thank you for entering this beautiful piece to our August challenge, Karen! The background has such nice textures and the poppies are beautiful!

SARN said...

Oh Karen . . . this is BEAUTIFUL. Love the pretty flowers and the colours xxx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I love poppies! Yours look stunning and such incredible texture Karen. I love your project so much!! I'm glad to see your creation entered in the STAMPlorations August Mixed Media Challenge. Do make a come back next month will you :) Happy creating!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

butterfly said...

Another fabulous fiery floral creation - those poppies are stunning!
Thanks so much for playing along again at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

Susanne Rose said...

This piece is awesome!!! Thank you so much for joining us over the Rubber Dance Challenge and the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

Laine Kammeraad said...

So pretty. Love the colors. So delighted you decided to join us at Mixed Media World. We hope you will join in our next challenge.

With smiles
Laine K
DT MMW