Saturday, 1 August 2015

CAS Crazy Bird Style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and your weekend is going well.  I don’t really need to say much more apart from here it is …

  
Another A6 card 
Lovely lush paints! 
He is quirky!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Fashionable Stamping Challenge #101 All About the Men


Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: #1 Colours: blue and green
This card stock takes a lot of product and water; inks; more water; lot more water etc. & it still works & doesn’t disintegrate
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #90 Anything Goes twist use Ice Cream Shades
Blueberry; Pistachio; Parma Violet


This was another of my experiments.  I laid a layer of water on part of the card and some pale blue H2O paint over that.  I left it to dry and once it was dry I stamped the bird in place.  My first instinct was to colour the image pink but then I remembered I need and my mum needs more male birthday cards so I grabbed a really pale blue H2O paint for his body and a green-blue for his eyes once he was dry I fussy cut his body out and popped him onto my card.  He looked like he was floating in the air so I darkened the area beneath his feet to create a shadow, I stamped the sentiment straight onto the card and edged the card with blue DIP: simples lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming weekend  ttfn Karen xx







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps: Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp set
Simon Says Stamps: Be sentiment set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Snow White Accents card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger: Distress IPs: Faded Jeans; Archival Sepia IP
Luminarte H2O paints: two shades of blue and green for the eyes #
Embellishments:
Die cut flourish #; Craftwork Cards die cut #; die cuts from an old kit #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger Glossy Accents (for his eyes); foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


13 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Those quirky birds! I just love this watercolor wash and how you left one corner white for balance. I've had SO much fun celebrating with my friends this month and want to THANK YOU! so much for being such an awesome bloggy friend. :)

Lin said...

These birds are popping up everywhere, and every one of them is so fun! This is sure to make someone smile! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

rachel said...

brilliant make - I adore these birds - big hugs rachel xx

Di said...

Oh I do love this Karen - am in love with those Crazy Birds, so quirky :) They seem to be full of their own character(s) too. I have some here but need to find time to play.

Hugs

Di xx

Unknown said...

Love your crazy bird creation! They each have their own personality.

SARN said...

Quirky and cool. LOVE the sentiment xxx

Jane said...

Wow, love the bird!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is a fabulous case! I used this one too.

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card :) gotta love those birds right?? ;) Thank you SO much for celebrating with me for my blogiversary!!

Taunya Butler said...

Fun bird card and such a great CASE of Jenn's card!! That bird is super popular and I love the way you have colored it!! Hope your day is happy!!

Crafty Claire said...

Really fun cards. I love your use of watercolour, it somehow makes them even more quirky x

maggie said...

I love the Crazy Bird set and you've made a super CAS card with this little fella.

Erin said...

Stunning work thank you for joining us over at Petal Lu
Erin