Sunday, 9 August 2015

Christmas Card Club #16 Lots of Layers & loads of photo's ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope you’re having a lovely weekend.  Before I get to the why, what and such I wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  I’ve not visited much recently, usual issue, I know you get and forgive that, however many of you leave lovely comments on every creation, cheering me on all the time, so much more than I deserve but thank you!  I’m a lot freer with how, what and why because of you.  I’m no longer worried about if others ‘like’ what I’m creating.  I’m more comfortable with colours, trying different styles, and, it is fair to say, that I’m not bored creatively either lol!

Back to the crafty stuff it was Lorraine’s choice to pick the challenge and she wanted to see lots of layers, errm, that’s something I avoid when creating Christmas cards these days and I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to do it.  However I saw a comment, either on a blog or Facebook, the comment was along the lines of ‘it’s only so many Friday’s or weeks’ before Christmas Day/week!  Well that totally freaked me out and I made a conscious decision to start creating the special (family and friends) Christmas cards.  This is going to be hand delivered so I was free to add as many and as much as I wanted to lol!  I’m obsessed with the Crazy Birds s and my H2O paints so here it is …

  
This is going to be a hand delivered Christmas card! 
I also used brads because that film does not like glue or tape and I may decorate the inside!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Hazel’s Christmas Card Challenge #241 S: I used lots of silver
Diva’s That Die Cut Challenge Favourite Holiday Christmas
Stamplorations Challenge Stamps and Watercolours
H2O Paints are twinkling watercolours
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Anything but a Birthday
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #323 Flowers


I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post where you leave your details please go here

I’m off next to see what the other ladies have created as soon as I have linked this up.  We’re a very friendly group of ladies that challenge each other once a fortnight by setting each other themes and creating at least two Christmas cards or projects each month.  There is no pressure and you don’t have to join in if there is a challenge for something that you won’t use.  If you would like to join us leave me a comment and I’ll pass your details onto our lovely Margaret.   


I have posts all ready to go for the next week so I hope to be able to spend more time online.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp set
Christmas sentiment stamp

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Sizzix die

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Craftwork Cards 200mm square card; Hobbycraft self adhesive sparkly film #; Kanban DP sheet #; recycled card from an old Christmas card; snippets card for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; silver embossing powder

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts roses; HOTP brads #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads; Collall very sticky glue; Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Gloss Multi Medium

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


24 comments:

Carol said...

Such a fun card Karen, the colours look fabulous together. Like you I made a conscious decision to start my specials...need several more though! Carol x

rachel said...

a fabulous fun make Karen - love the colours! Big hugs Rachel x

dutchess said...

Great cheeky card Karen...those Tim birds are really different...I love them,and your colours are so vibrant....glad you are feeling a bit better...take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a terrific card, I love the crazy birds and your colours and layers are fabulous, hugs Kate x

Arlene said...

I love the colors - fun and cute and so modern - LOVE IT.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Mrs A. said...

Fab card Karen. Glad you feeling more able to craft more. I love your colour combination and those birds are great. Hugs Mrs A.

Becca Cruger said...

You've done nontraditional Christmas so right! I never would've thought about these crazy birds being Christmas ready but that's why I love coming over here. You have such a unique and creative brain and I'm so happy to be one of your followers. I'm so glad that you are feeling free to explore your own artistry. Thank you so much for joining up to the STAMPlorations stamps and watercolors challenge.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Please forgive me for not getting here until now Karen, this weekend was manic. I love your Christmas card and the fact that you went out of your comfort zone to create more layers makes it all the more special to me. The colours and design are perfect for those crazy birds ( I must admit I have a liking for these quirky critters too)and whoever receives this in a few months time will love it.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Wow Karen this is such a fun card. I love the untraditional colour combo and the birds are just great. Well done on trying something new to you. Zx

Taunya Butler said...

Wonderful lovely and just plain aeesome - that is how I would describe this card!! So excited that you made a non traditional colored Christmas card so cool!! Have a great day!!

Cec said...

What a fun non-traditional Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Jaine Drake said...

Very very cute. Pretty colours too. Thank you for entering the ASOI challenge this month with it.

Sharon said...

I love this Karen. Love these birds and the colour is gorgeous as is the flower.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design. Good Luck
Hugs Sharon. x

Julie B said...

Love those two colours together, a really fun card.
Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Sammy said...

What a great card! I love those birds too, and they're so versatile. Gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 241 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Crafteezee said...

I'm really into this colour combo, sooo gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
Hugs Tracy
Owner Noor!DesignUK

MaryH said...

Karen, sorry to be so late in visiting for the CCC. Your CBirds are just so cute, and look quite dressy with the color & paper you've used to create them. The lavender shade looks so pretty against the smooth cool background. Lovely flowers and the pretty sentiment treatment. Whomever you hand deliver this one to, is going to have a huge smile when they open it. Well done, and good for you at freeing your creativity to take its own wings. It's nice when others appreciate what you do, but primarily, it's what YOU feel when you're working - that really counts. TFS & Hugs

Buttons said...

What a fantastic card Karen! Love that flower in particular. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in with our Flower challenge over at Creative Inspirations!
CraftyNatalie {DT}

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful! I love the "non-traditional" colors you chose, and your flower is gorgeous. I enjoyed seeing your creation over at Die Cut Divas!

LauraJane:) said...

Great color palette on those watercolored birds! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Karen, I've just been looking back to see if I missed any of your CCC posts. I certainly didn't miss this one but my comment does appear to be missing ... lol! You certainly hit the nail on the head with lots of layers! A fantastic card! Hope you are well. Christine xx