Friday, 28 August 2015

Happy inky play ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you’ve fabulous plans for the weekend.  This week was an okay one and we went out today, as feared we both need new lenses for our glasses and I have a lovely tale to share with you lol! 
I had an eye test and my eyes were examined by a lovely lady optician.  Once all the stuff was checked and re-checked I was shocked to hear that my vision distance has improved.  What really stumped me was finding out that it’s because of the arts and crafts stuff.  Apparently I’m ‘constantly exercising my eyes’ lol!  I can’t wait to share this with the family lol!  Mum has never really understood my need to create although she does appreciate it.  
Apart from needing new lenses for close up I’ve issues with dry eyes and will have to use eye drops permanently.  The RA medication I’m on to stop my joint degeneration also dries my eyes out too and people with RA are prone to dry eyes.  She’s told me to see my GP and get him to add it to my prescriptions.  Both of us worn out tonight because after the optician DH took me clothes shopping and made me purchase new threads, it’s been a while!  I was shocked at the prices of clothes today lol! 
Anyways I’ve another summer themed card to share with you today and here it is …

  
These squares were ideal to create scalloped DL cards 
  
The hat cards have become lovely embellishments.  The postcard stamp is going be used a lot.
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Come and Get It Challenge Black & White with One Other Colour
Creative Fingers Challenge #90 Anything Goes
Inky Chicks Challenge #55 Use a Heart
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: I choose distressed/vintage
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #190
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #216 Splish Splash:
I used distress re-inkers to colour a background for the postcard and to tint the roses
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes 
 Stamp and Create Challenge One for the Girls
We Love to Create Challenge #17 MM or Creative Goes


Creating the elements on this card was fabulous fun.  I got to use some very, very old stash, less old stash, a new stamp, new stash and loads of snippets too.  The postcard background was one of my experiments and I won’t be going quite so pink next time lol!  However I am happy with the end result of this one.  The black, pink and white works fabulously and each element works on their own and with each other.

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Lili of the Valley Grunge Postcard clear stamp
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; tile/acetate to use for re-inker
Card Paper: 20cm square scalloped square #; Craftwork Cards hat card #; snippet DP/PP to cover hat and snippet white card to colour with Distress re-inker
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Archival IP: jet black; Ranger Distress re-inker: Picked Raspberry
Embellishments: Country View Crafts paper bloom; WOC roses #; ribbon #; resin heart #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Stix2 glue gun


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

10 comments:

Bunny said...

Very nice card. I love the pink and black. The roses are really pretty. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

brenda said...

There you see Karen, there really is a positive element to all this crafting, great story.

Lovely hues on pink on today's work.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Di said...

Brilliant Karen! Love the black and pink together - works a treat.

Hugs

Di xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love the pink hat, very pretty, the flower arrangement is beautiful, very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Carol said...

A very pretty inky creation Karen. Have you tried Blephasol for your dry eyes...I use it twice daily to clean the ducts. Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

What prettiness and the color scheme is awesome!!

butterfly said...

What fun to see the pink version too!!
Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

Stacey Schofield said...

very elegant work Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
Creative Fingers DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

Donna said...

Very pretty! Love all the pink and the awesome shabby chic!
Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our Splish Splash challenge!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.