Monday, 31 August 2015

I do like to be beside the sea ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  It’s a Bank Holiday Monday in the UK and I hope a lot of you have the time and inclination to play with your stamps and supplies.
I am slowly and steadily shrinking my wallets that are full of snippets, backgrounds created with Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints, and Mixed Media backgrounds.  For today’s creation I used a snippet from each folder: yay, and here it is …


  
A 125mm square card again! 
I am very, very happy with the way this one turned out! 
  
He will be used many times in the future
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

  Paper Sweeties Challenge #34 Happy Birthday  

                              Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #191


I used blue, pink & yellow
Stamplorations Challenge Stamps and Watercolours

Inspired by the colours in the photograph and the summer theme 
Inspired by the colours & still wanting to create male birthday cards


I used a piece of card that I had stencilled Maimeri glossy gel through a mask.  Once the gel was dry I used sky blue SNAT to colour the card (I am obsessed with this technique and this shade of blue right now).  I created a beachy scene with watered down SNATs (left over inks from creations that I will be sharing next week), I don’t waste any of these inks because I adore them.  I stamped part of the beach plate onto a snippet of white card and used SNATs to colour the image.  I was trying to make it look like a beach on a very hot summer day, you can see the ocean and sky behind him and you know it’s hot by the way the colours have blurred.  I have air dry clay embellishments that I’ve coloured but the wrong colour, so I added a layer of white acrylic followed by the Americana Buff Acrylic Paint, once dry I used the blue from the Perfectly Primary set and coloured the butterfly: so happy with the chalky look I achieved on the butterfly.  I put it all together and simples!  Nothing too sparkly or could be considered pink ‘ish’ or girly: result!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Rubber Dance stamp set: thank you Bibi I love these!!

Stencil: Dutch Doobadoo A5 Circles Mask

Miscellaneous Tools: Martha Stewart butterfly mould # ; SNAT paint brushes (come with the inks); SNAT pipettes (come with the inks); spray bottle of water; paint palette # ; pot of water; pieces of foam for adding the glossy gel through the mask

Card Paper: 125mm square arch top card #
Snippets of Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Pearl: for the stamped panel; the beach background; and a snippet of the blue piece that I created with Maimeri and the mask

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Ranger Archival Sepia IP; DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: buff

Embellishments: air dry clay

Adhesives/Mediums: Maimeri glossy gel; Washi tape (great for temporarily attaching a mask/stencil to a piece of card); double sided tape; Stix2 glue gun

 # OS: old stash min. 2 years old


19 comments:

brenda said...

Apart from the really eye catching shape of your card Karen and the way you have introduced the cluds, the image has a lovely watercolour look and evokes a feeling of days gone by.

Thanks for sharing,

B x

Taunya Butler said...

What a lovely creation!! SO much texture and fun details to it!!

Debbie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL, water color inspired card you've created, Karen! So soft and pretty!! Thanks for sharing with us for the August challenge at Paper Sweeties :)

Carol said...

This is fabulous Karen...great use of the water colours on that brilliant background. Carol x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Oh, what a beautiful card, Karen! I love how you have used my little beach boy stamp, and the colours and shape of the card are both gorgeous! Thank you so much for entering our August challenge once again!

Barb said...

A lovely card Karen. I love the overall watercolour and the shape of the card. It's a lovely image. Barbxx

Martha said...

Fabulous card! I love the scalloped cutting you did on the top. Well done.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is positively stunning, Karen! You really outdid yourself with this snippets creation. Thank you for joining the fun over at Uniko's SUMMER challenge, my friend! It's been too long since I've visited and I loved seeing you again!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Wonderful card Karen - I'm so with Brenda on this one - it really does evoke memories of times gone by. Beautiful!

Hugs

Di xx

butterfly said...

Love the watercolour effect around the boy - beautiful! Another lovely card.
Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

Kelly Deal said...

Beautifully serene Karen! I love it!

Teresa Kline said...

so very beautiful, what an amazing scene! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Mynn Kitchen said...

Another super gorgeous card, Karen! I LOVE the amazing sea theme--this is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Susanne Rose said...

Love it! Thank you so much for joining us over the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

Artatag said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

Julie B said...

I think you conjured up a perfect summers day on the beach with this.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This artwork is absolutely incredible! The watered-down colors you created are simply magical and are so perfect for a misty hazy day at the beach! This made me want to run for my flip-flops even though we're headed toward sweater weather. You not only made a beautiful scene, but you've evoked some really happy Summer memories for me, so thank you for creating art with heart! I'm so glad you shared this stunning piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the all the details and the scalloped edge. The butterfly is fab. Thanks so much for playing along with the Uniko challenge this month. x

Beverley said...

FABulous card, love the beach scene and the scalloped front panel. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge & my apologies in my delay in popping by and commenting. Hugs Bev x