Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Just because ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. 
I wanted to say thank you all very much for the lovely comments you have left on my Crazy Bird Christmas card and the bag, loved going OTT with those creations!  So I decided to go CAS my style and I played with one of my Paperbabe stamp sets and Spectrum Noir AquaTints again and here is what I created …

  
Back to A6 size 
A final look - CAS but most definitely my inky style

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

This was a fabulously quick and easy card to create.  I deliberately made it CAS style but I had to add just the one embellishment – it was a little too stark until I did and I am happy with the end result.  Very inky, brightly coloured, CAS style but with my own little twist lol! 

I stamped and embossed the outer ‘Because’ onto white card.  I used liquid masking fluid to colour the inner ‘Because’ then I grabbed my AquaTints and started out by adding sky blue to the outside, didn’t like it so I grabbed the other blue to see if I would like it in a deeper shade of blue, but, I didn’t like the end result.  I pushed it to one side until the ink was completely dry and then I used one of the red inks (there are two reds in the Primary set and I can’t remember which I used), over the blue and I was happy, at last!  As soon as the ink on the outside was dry I rubbed the masking fluid off and added blue ink to the inner.  However (often there’s an oops or however) I clearly wasn’t playing attention very well as I went over the lines – thank goodness for the darker blue!

Next time I play with these stamps I will colour the inside of the ‘Because’ and let that dry before adding masking fluid or I could simply just use that part in the stamp set, I was, after all playing.  I then stamped and embossed the ‘you inspire me’ and decided to add a rose before mounting onto a card: simples but I made it difficult for myself!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Just Because Stamp set
  
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card and snippets for stamping and embossing

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Versamark IP; Silver EP #

Embellishments:
WOC Rose #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old
  

11 comments:

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is beautiful, Karen! LOVE the gorgeous color combo--especially that glorious blue! And hooray for happy accidents! :) Thank you for sharing with us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Carol said...

Great result Karen, the colours are beautiful...it appears to be a crafter's privilege to make things hard for oneself! Carol x

Becca Cruger said...

I think it's always so great to let our artistic processes just flow. That's the only way I really know how to make cards. This is so pretty and inky and beautiful!

Di said...

Super card Karen and full marks fo Percy Veerance! Great result. Can I please ask where you get your masking fluid from?

Hugs

Di xx

Chris said...

Hi Karen and wowee what an absolutely gorgeous card with the 'because' stamp. I love your beautiful watercolour style background and I would never have known there as an 'oops', the beat things come out of them though. Chris x

rachel said...

gorgeous colour and fabulous background Karen - I adore it - that flower is lovely too xx

Patti J said...

Wow! Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Great Impressions!

Taunya Butler said...

Way to go - so artistic and beautiful!! What a great feeling it is to just let the process take over and manifest our artistic talents in that way!! The colors are do lovely!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Sandie Gough said...

Stunning design!
Oh my, just a gorgeous make! I loved stopping by to take a peek :D
Thank you for joining us for this month’s challenge and we hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
Hugs,
Sandie
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
Proud to design for:
Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
Die’sire Design Team
That Craft Place Design Team
That Craft Place Colourist Design Team

Jackie C said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork at Paperbabes, hugs, Jackie DT member

Tindaloo said...

Great card! Just awesome colors on this :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo