Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Pearls or Lace at Let's Craft & Create Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  A new month  means I have a DT project to share with today.  At Let’s Craft & Create Challenge the new theme is Lace and Pearls and here is my card …

  
Yep I have a 'thaing' for A6 cards at the moment! 
A final look

I’ve been very lucky and able to enter Challenges too
Card Mania Challenge #71 Anniversary
Country View Crafts Challenge Summer: summer flowers are everywhere

Bingo: pink-pearls-lace
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #188
I needed a project for my DT post and I used one of my not inked stamps
We Love to Create Challenge #16 MM or Creative Goes

Last week my back was seriously painful 24/7 and that caused a major fibro fog which meant I had absolutely no idea what to create for this challenge.  This is my third attempt because I hated my first attempt and was not happy with the second attempt either.  I went to DH to ask about the second one and he immediately picked up that I had struggled because it didn’t look right!  I took both cards to pieces.
I started afresh using one of my newish Little Claire stamps.  I think I won them last year and they have been in the NBUS stamps box since I received them.  The H2O paints are still out so I decided to have a play with the stamp the paints.  I stamped onto the Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card and onto snippets of the same with the fuchsia pink.  I wanted the background to have a punch of colour so I filled the flowers.  I wasn’t keen on this pink with just white, it’s not subtle lol!  I dipped my brush into the water and then into what I thought was the dark blue paint and then, ooh my, I really panicked!  Brown, really Karen!  Yep I was that frustrated with myself that I was talking to myself.  I had used brown and because I’ve never created anything that has a significant amount of brown on it and liked it I panicked before deciding to just go with it.  Anyways luckily, for my sanity, I love the brown and the fuchsia pink and I’ll be playing with brown in the future lol!
I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Please go take a lot at our challenge here Let’s Craft & Create Challenge 
And if you want to see what my lovely and very talented DT ladies have created:

Ammarisart aka Catherine
Paper Panacea aka Cheryl
Deb's Crafting Corner
My Craft Creations
 my lovely boss aka Eileen
Gail’s Corner aka Gail
My Crafty Outlook aka Hazel
Ameera Crafts aka Mary
Prendre le temps ... aka Maryvonne
My Crafting Corner aka Ursula
  
Tools
Stamp:
Little Claire Dinky Flower Head stamp
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; pot of water
Stash
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card and snippets of
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O paints in brown and pink
Embellishments:
The Works self adhesive pearls; lace from my stash #; word from stash #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads; Ranger Glossy Accents

# VOS: at least five years old, possibly more!

10 comments:

rachel said...

lovely make Karen - the pink and brown works beautifully - glad you stuck with it! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A fabulous result Karen, so pretty...one of life@s happy accidents! Carol x

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Karen
Don't you just love a happy accident!!
Thank you so much for entering the playground with your beautiful card. I LOVE the colours so that makes two of us!!
The pearls add softness and co-ordinate perfectly with the lace.
Eve xx

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - what a wonderful and beautiful card!! Love the colors and those bright, happy flowers!! What a great card to inspire us to join in the challenge over at Let's Create & Craft challenge!! I plan on joining the linky over there!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely vibrant card, the flowers are very striking and I love the dimension you achieved and the addition of the pearls. Thanks so much for joining in with the We Love to Create Challenge. Tracy x

Sandra said...

What a fabulous card! The flowers are so pretty! Love the pink explosion! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Planetsusie said...

This is really pretty - love the background. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar ('Bingo') Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Jo said...

Beautiful....love that flower & the brown works perfectly with the pink. A lovely card & just right for our bingo challenge. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here

butterfly said...

Wow - I love the vivid hot colours, and how the flowers go from 2D to 3D - what a great card!
Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x