Thursday, 6 August 2015

Playing with a new stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, the weekend is nearly here already!  I am playing with an NBUS stamp today, from a challenge win last year, and a new WOW EP too, another challenge win.  I have new stamps and stash waiting to be used in my NBUS box, luckily for me lol. 

I have been very strict and not allowed myself to use the new WOW EPs until I’d used a minimum of half of the old ones.  The issue I have is that my taste has changed and I’m not a glitter fan anymore and I especially dislike glitter in embossing powder.  It was a real happy moment when I realised I have only three partly filled glitter EP tubs and I am daftly very happy about that lol.  So today I have used a new stamp and new EPs and here it is …

 
An A6 card 
  
I love this flower!
For some reason I am not too happy with the end result but 
I just had a new idea for using this one pop in my head: hope to share that with you soon!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Card Mania Challenge #71 Anniversary
I used another one of my not inked stamps: yay!               
Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Summer Heat: the colours on a hot stormy night!
With Glitter, Embossing Powder &/or Flocking


Once again playing around with the H2O paints and I love my newish opaque WOW EPs a lot and I got to use two colours on this snippet and I used really old PP/DP snippet and a snippet of Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl snow white opaque card and my very old H2O paints.
I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Little Claire Stamps: Dinky Pom Pom Dahlia

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents and snippets
Very old DP/PP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O paints; Versamark IP
WOW EP: fuchsia fusion; WH10 chartreuse

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


12 comments:

rachel said...

very pretty - love this!! Glad you're allowing yourself to play with your new stuff karen!!! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A very pretty outcome Karen, love your new stamp. Carol x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a clever creation Karen and I like the design/dimension! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SUMMER HEAT’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful card and I love that happy row of pretty blooms!! I think that this turned out very lovely and charming!! Wonderful colors and awesome details make this so blooming cool!!

Michelle said...

Such pretty flowers!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I hope you "plan" on joining us again soon. ;)
~Michelle

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Karen
it is lovely to see you back in the playground with this stunning card. I don't know why you are not happy with it - sadly we are our own worst critics!! I am exactly the same and it is so annoying!!
I love the water colour look background and the pop of colour of the flowers.
Eve xx

Terri's Cards N' More said...

Beautiful flowers and I love the dimension. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Summer Heat" challenge.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful "hot summer night" colors! Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Summer Heat Challenge.

Rene said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Belinda
belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

These flowers are wonderful :) Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge.

Anne Temple said...

Your card is very pretty and I love the colors. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.