Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Red is out and about again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’ve another card I’ve created with this beautiful stamp!  This is a Paperbabe stamp, Kim Costello is the artist and owner of Paperbabe stamps.  To try and get more people aware of Kim’s stamps I wanted to let you all know that there is a fortnightly challenge blog and you don’t have to use a Paperbabe stamp to enter, at the moment.  You can enter the challenges with any stamp brand at the moment.  I’m very lucky because I have several of Kim’s stamps and this is one of my newer ones and I enjoyed playing and colouring so much last month that I got her out again and here is my card …

 
I love creating A6 cards like this 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

   Paperbabe Stamps Challenge Photo inspiration

  Paper Sweeties Challenge #34 Happy Birthday 

Colours & Optional Twist
I’ve a list in a box of stamps that are waiting to be used &
another list of stamps that I’ve only used once & working my through them


This time whilst I was playing with the stamp I decided to create a less fussy card.  I wanted it to be all about Red out on a walk on a summer day and I’m very happy with the end result too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: May Lee Dee Red Riding Hood

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; glue spatula (to add texture to the clouds)

Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents to stamp on and create a base, and a snippet for stamping and embossing

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW Embossing Powder: black sparkle
H2O paints #; The Works white acrylic paint

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

14 comments:

Debbie said...

This little red riding hood card is sweet as can be! Love your 'fluffy' clouds too, Karen! Thanks for sharing your work with us this month at Paper Sweeties :)

rachel said...

red is lpoking wonderful karen and i love those clouds. thanks so much for joining our challenge at countryview crafts too! big hugs rachel x

Judy McKay said...

love the red colour. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

What a darling Red Riding Hood! Love your backgrond and the clouds are so cool! Thank you so much for entering our August challenge! :))

Mynn Kitchen said...

She's super darling, Karen! LOVE the amazing texture you created for the clouds! Lovely watercoloring, too! Thank you for joining in our 3rd Birthday Celebration at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Delphine said...

Another gorgeous card, Karen! Thank you for your words about the challenge, that's very kind of you! Hope to see you for our next challenge starting today ;)! Hugs Delphine xx

Nicole Wright said...

Red looks great and the textured clouds look real! Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge. Cheers, Nicole

Michelle said...

Those clouds are amazing! So much texture! Such a pretty card! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I hope you "plan" on joining us again soon. ;)
~Michelle

Debs Smith said...

Lovely card Karen, thanks for joining in the fun at tThe Artistic Stamper x

ionabunny said...

Sweet stamp. Cool card. Hugz

Cheryl said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the textured clouds, and little Red looks amazing in that bold red cape! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate Paper Sweeties' 3rd Birthday in the Happy Birthday Challenge!

Majo said...

Such a pretty card and great use of our colours and theme this month! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps ♥

Susanne Rose said...

What a nice card! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

butterfly said...

Brilliant colouring and I love the little landscape you've created for her.
Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x