Saturday, 29 August 2015

Rudolph Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and you have a fabulous weekend planned!  
I wasn’t sure that I'd get a card created for Rudolph Day this month as I am still behind with other projects.  I looked into my folder to see if there were any cards I wanted to get posted before the end of the month and I was very happy to find this.  Thankfully most of the time when I create for CCC I create at least one more and that’s where this one came from.  So here it is …


 
I do love this shape of A6 card - it's a lovely area to work with 
   
Very old stash and snippets were used to create this card and really old peel offs too!
Another one for the box!  
I created the background by stamping and embossing then coloured with Peacock Feather DIP.

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
F for Frosty, G for Glitter & O for Off The Page Stamping
 Crimbo Crackers Challenge #88 Small & Cute 
Deep Ocean Challenge #111 For the Boys
Diva’s That Die Cut Challenge Favourite Holiday: Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #54 Snowflakes & Sparkle
Scrappy Mo’s Rudolph Day Challenge create a Christmas card


I received happy mail before we went to the opticians on Friday and am hoping to play with new stencils, stamps and paints.  I’m behind with the Christmas Club (I know the ladies understand that there are times when I struggle but I’m determined to catch up and get another special one created) and I want to start thinking about the first September CCC card.  I’m starting to try and be a bit more pro-active with preparing my DT creations and tutorials a little earlier as I struggled with one of my DT ideas for September.  I have way too many started but never finished projects too which have to be finished and soon: am fed up with those lol! 

But this will all depend on how well I sleep and how much more pain I have after the trip out lol!  I’ve got to check that there isn’t anything else that I have created but not shared that I want to enter before Tuesday – this month has really flown!  I’ve candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x




Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Stampendous snowflake stamp #
Mini Merry stamp (unknown brand) #

Die Cutting Dies & Machine:
Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine
Snowflake die #

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; snippets white card for stamping & die cutting; snippet blue card for creating a topper #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
WOW EP: blue sparkle
Tim Holtz DIP: Peacock Feathers; Faded Jeans

Embellishments:
Blue gems #; blue sparkly stickers #; white ribbon with bow and gem #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; foam pads; Versamark IP

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old

15 comments:

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous, Karen! Great colours! Happy Rudolf day, hun x
P.S. Ally Pally Tickets up for grabs on my blog if you are interested

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Love the pretty colors of this. The snowflakes and colors remind me of a nice winter day.
Lynn

brenda said...

It's a great card for Rudolph day Karen, super colorurs and rather like the design with the contrasting layers.

Enjoy those new goodies, if you weather is like ours today then crafting will be a must.

B x

SARN said...

WOW - this is just GORGEOUS Karen.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the frosty look, hugs Kate x

Michelle N. said...

Gorgeous colors, and I love that you used your "snippets"! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Any Holiday Challenge!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen...lovely frosty feel to it. Carol x

MaryH said...

Very icy & loads of texture. So pretty. Glad you are feeling better, and hope all things will go well for you. So happy you found this and were able to share at Rudolph Day. Not sure if the background texture was from the card stock or if you had some mixed media going on with this. But lovely either way! TFS & Hugs

Arlene said...

I know what you mean about the month flying by.

Wonderful snowflake card. What better to put us in a holiday spirit.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Lisa Babitz said...

Gorgeous! I love the background you created and your blue and white color combination. I enjoyed seeing your creation over at Die Cut Divas!

scrappymo! said...

Wow! That background is so beautiful. Love the colour and texture.
Glad you were able to make it over to Rudolph Days. Your health seems about par with mine at the moment so I do know the effort it takes to make a card when in pain...
Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

Dot said...

A beautiful card ,the blue and white colour combination is stunning and your die cut details are gorgeous - a super make.
Thanks for joining our 'Q for Quantum Leap ' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Taunya Butler said...

What a sparkly, glittery wonderful card!! Love the blues!!

Crafteezee said...

Love the design. Enjoy your new goodies. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK. Hope to see you in our new challenge... Shaped cards.
Tracy x

Gaynor said...

Wow beautiful card Karen, so loving the teals with whites. Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. xxGaynor LCDT