Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Tim Holtz August Technique Tag ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your day is going well, I have a very quick second post before bed time.  I learnt so much last month from creating the July tag that I knew I had to put some time aside just for me to try the August techniques that Tim Holtz has shared with us this month.  Here is my take on the August tag …

  
Sadly my photos make the tag look very brown - it isn't it is blue and pink! 
 
A final look
Created for me and to link up here Tim Holtz 12 Tags 2015 August

I’m not going to repeat the technique that Tim shared – if you want to know how I created it go look yourself, lol, I promise it is worth it and then some!  Last month I worried that I didn’t have the right stuff to do it, this month I just played and didn’t worry and my word I so enjoyed it and I learnt so much!

I have never used dies to create a background like that and I had no idea that the inks would act like that either – thank you Tim!!!  I will be creating some backgrounds this month using those techniques – they are awesome and I love my end result too.  Also I feel a lot more confident with collage work too.  Another bonus for me this month was that I found some very, very old 8” square papers and embellishments by, guess who, Tim Holtz lol!  I have no idea how long I have owned them and no idea what collection they came from.

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen xx





Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Tim Holtz: U5-1905 New York Central wood mounted stamp #
Tim Holtz: CMS212 Crazy Birds cling mount stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Paper Smooches: Friend die
Simon Says Stamps: Absolutely die
Whimsy: Sentimentals Birthday die set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; pallette knife; ink blending foam; computer and printer

Card Paper:
Tim Holtz: Manilla tag; 8” square papers #; printer paper

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress IPs: peacock feathers; faded jeans; brushed corduroy; Victorian velvet
Ranger Archival IP: Jet black
DecoArt: white gesso

Embellishments:
Tim Holtz mini clock card embellishments #
Ribbon #; Mrs Grossman metallic stickers# ; vintage coin #; brown brad #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Claudine Hellmuth: Studio mini Multi Medium
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


5 comments:

Carol said...

You've done a fabulous job with this Karen, love your take on the tag. I need to get back into doing these as I haven't made one since March! Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - what a mixed media masterpiece!! You have done a marvelous job!!

rachel said...

a great take on tims tag for august karen
brilliant! love the crazy bird and so glad you enjoyed joining in. the techniques are always worth learning. hugs rachel x

Julie said...


Love your tag Tim's birds are such a fav of mine and it seems to others as well

Team Clark said...

Karen, thanks so much for your visit! I read your blog header and have to say that playing around with mixed media and paint/ink is so much fun and a great way to get us out of that OCD cardmaking perfection tick that nags our creative minds! I love what you've done with this background! This was such a fun process for me, even though initially I thought, "it's too much work!" But glad we're both playing and growing! Thanks for your lovely comment and have a happy day!