Thursday, 24 September 2015

Crusading part two with AquaTints, EP, H2O shimmer and snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have nearly caught up with upcoming DT duties and I’ll be putting the final touches to the final project tonight and then I just need to photograph, edit, type the posts and tutorials before I can start stamping and playing again.  I'm hoping to be able to be back on Sunday because I'm missing playing with my inks paints and stamps for family, fun, challenges or just for me and I'm organising my craft room too!
Last night whilst waiting for one of my DT pieces to dry I realised I had a little time spare which meant I could put something together for the September Challenges.  I used one of my backgrounds some stamped images.  I’ve several of the cone flowers left over from when I was playing with these stamps early in the summer.  I’ve still not stamped all of them yet, because I reach for this stamp every single time.  Anyway last night I wanted to add a little shimmer to the flowers and I had the H2Os to be out waiting to be organised and here it is …

 
Another A6 tent fold - I'm obsessed with this size and fold, good to post too!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Allsorts Challenge #329 Sparkle
Card Mania Challenge CMC#72 Pastel Colours 
Cards und More Challenge #141 No DP/PP
Sweet Stamps Challenge Anything Goes


This card was created mainly with Spectrum Noir AquaTints and card snippets from other projects.  I stamped and embossed the stems and leaves with WOW verdigris EP and coloured the stems and leaves with a mix of the lime green with a little of the dark blue ink (I need/want to do more experiments with colour mixing SNATs, the amount of colours you can blend is unbelievable: the sky is the limit!). 

The flowers were stamped with SNATs which I painted onto the stamp and then immediately stamped them.  The background was created by mixing a little sky blue SNAT with glycerine to create a beautifully smooth background (using a little glycerine makes creating beautiful blended backgrounds so easily).  I coloured the background and put to one side to dry.  In fact the background was a complete accident, my experiments with SNATs, they work in a similar way to Distress inks.  Whilst the card was drying I carried on colouring other images.  The water from washing out my brush dripped onto the card and I was horrified and so upset!  I panicked and grabbed a piece of cotton towel to mop up when I realised that the water had acted like a faux bleach technique. 

I’ve awesome faded spots on a background!  The background took a couple of minutes to create and it looks just as good as those I have done with Distress inks in the past.  It is so much quicker and so much easier for my hands than it is with Distress inks: oh happy days!!! 

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Simon Says Stamps: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; SNAT paintbrushes & pipettes; paint palette; spray bottle with water; pot of water

Card Paper: snippets Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; 300 gsm card; kitchen towel

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; H2O paint in Gold # ; WOW EP Verdigris; Tim Holtz DIP: Faded Jeans

Embellishments: Ribbon #

Adhesives/Mediums: Versamark IP; double sided tape; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


14 comments:

Tinchen said...

beautiful card and nice backround
thanks for joining us at cards und more challenge
regrads Tinchen

brenda said...

Always nice to be ahead with DT work Karen, I tend to do the same 'just in case'.

I love, love, love your sunflowers and all the dimension you have achieved in the placement and the background sets them of beautfully - did I mention I love them ?

Many thanks for sharing another piece of your lovely work with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

AnyOldCraft said...

Lovely image and card.
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
AnyOldCraft

Di said...

Beautiful card Karen - fantastic colouring there girl!

Hugs

Di xx

Patricia Alvarez said...

Nice card! I love the background! Thanks for sharing with us over Craft Your Passion.Good luck!!!

SARN said...

Well I am a sucker for cone flowers so this project works for me Karen! Love it. A little dose of sunshine.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

brilliant use of the coneflower Karen - I absolutely love this!!! Big hugs rachel xx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Karen. Love the flowers.
Hugs
xx
PS thanks for your kind offer of stayzon inks, but I do not use them any more. I have a few but tend to stick to Archival.x

Maura Hibbitts said...

Thanks for joining our STAMPtember challenge on the Simon Says Stamp blog! Great flowers! Love the bright yellow.

Michelle said...

It is a lovely card with great flowers.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good luck
xxx Michelle (DT)

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful, Karen!! Thank you for joining our challenge again this month!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such pretty flowers and love the greenery too
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Majo said...

Beautiful! Right down my alley! Thanks so much for joining our 1 year anniversary challenge! ♥

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Love those fabulous flowers!! Wonderful design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa