Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Crusading with snippets Mixed Media style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I've another entry for challenges to share with you today.  I've several snippets: stamped BGs, embossed card, another dress form die cut and very old textured paper that I decided to use for a challenge entry and here it is …
A normal A6 fold for a change! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #330 Numbers 
Quirky Crafts Challenge #20 Quirky Sewn with Love
I chose the August colour palette as it’s my favourite!

 Unruly PaperArts Challenge 
Coffee & Cream colour scheme I added a little pop of red – hope that’s allowed

Uniko Stamps Challenge Autumn/Fall I used fall colours so hope that is allowed


All of these bits were in my boxes to be used up and when I was looking through it to see if I had anything I really wanted to use for the challenges I had a rare light bulb of how I could use them together and make my folders of images and backgrounds a little easier to close.

I added much more colour to the stamped snippet on the LHS because I wanted it to be richer colour wise.  The brown and red snippets of card had been dry embossed with my TH sewing folder but I wanted to make the numbers pop more.  Looking around I had my pot of Americana acrylic paint out and without even thinking about it I poured a little onto my craft mat and used my pinkie to add it to the areas I wanted to pop. Unfortunately I then reached up and brushed my hair out of the way and I got told off for that one, lol, when we had company the next day lol!  Thankfully most of the acrylic paint came out when I washed my hair but I did have a nasty little knot for a few days so I don’t recommend doing this.

Today is your last chance to enter my candy!  It is open world wide to both new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamps:
Clarity Stamp: Vintage Dress Form stamp and Ruler stamp
Oak House Studio: buttons and hearts stamp set
Unknown stamp which has lots of numbers on it and I have no idea where or when I purchased it!

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz & Sizzix: Sewing Room Bigz die; Pattern & Stitches Texture Fades set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; spray bottle of water; pot of water;

Card Paper:
Snippets Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping onto; snippets of coloured card for die cutting and embossing; 300 gm card to created base; snippet DP #; heavily embossed fabric like paper #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Adirondack IPs: Butterscotch; Mushroom; Meadow; Currant #
DecoArt Americana All Purpose Acrylic paint: Buff

Adhesives/Mediums:  double sided tape; foam pads


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

16 comments:

rachel said...

lovely autumnal colours - this is fabulous karen - great texture too - fabulous! hugs rachel x

Kelly Deal said...

Pretty card Karen! I love the dress form!

Virginia Lu said...

Love the textures and details! This truly is a labor of love, Karen! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “No Design Paper” Challenge!

Regina said...

What an adorable card! I love the feminine touch!

Barb said...

It's a lovely card Karen. A great dress and really lovely colours you've used. Barbxx

2amscrapper said...

such wonderful texture! A great make! Thanks for sharing at UPA and good luck in the draw. From UPA creative contributor Helene

pinky said...

Stunning creation, so much texture! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Di said...

Love all the textures here Karen, and super use of snippets too! I need to find time to play with mixed media :)

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Another super creation for this months theme Karen, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

SARN said...

Oooh, oooh, I LOVE this Karen.

Well, the acrylic painted hair saves on hair dye!!! LOL!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another classy and clever shop window type take on our Autumn challenge.
Loving the 'fabric' and style! Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at Uniko
Sarah

Moni said...

Thank you for joining us!!! Your card is perfect for our "Sewn with Love" challenge at. Monica.-Quirky Crafts dt

brenda said...

Me again Karen, sorry I missed the link to Allsorts last visit, many thanks for joining us there.

B x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely embossed dress ! I would totally wear that! Do you make them in my sizel? ;-) Thanks for joining our September challenge once again - always nice to see you there! Ready for the new one? On our blog today ....

Deborah Frings said...

Another lovely card. I do like the texture on the dress! Thanks so much for playing along with our autumn theme at Uniko!

Beverley said...

Beautiful textures & a real masterpiece. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko challenge. Hugs Bev x