Saturday, 5 September 2015

Dies &/or Punches at Let's Craft & Create Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fabulous weekend plans.  It’s the fifth of the month and that means I have a new DT project to share with you today because the new theme at Let’s Craft & Create Challenge is Dies or Punches and here is my DT creation …

  
A 125mm square card with a scalloped edge 
I don't know why the flowers look so red on this photograph.  None of the others did that!
A final look: I love the end result!

I’ve been very lucky and am able to enter these Challenges too:
Allsorts Challenge #327 lots of layers
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Take It Make Anything Goes With A Stamp
 Creative Fingers Challenge #91 Anything Goes 
Frilly & Funkie Challenge A Touch of Gold

May 2015 colours

Stamplorations Challenge Stamps & Music
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #199 Anything Goes/Family Friendly


Another experiment, new SNATs Beautiful Grunge (I won the July Spectrum Noir challenge on Facebook and I purchased two more sets of the Spectrum Noir AquaTints with the £30 voucher), Pebeo Matt Medium and cheap acrylic paint.  I had music pattern paper left over from my Stamplorations GDT post which I shared yesterday.  I chose to use the last of the paper up rather than put it into my snippets box.
 
I am beyond happy with the end result and I’ve fallen in love with the new MM techniques I’ve recently learnt and I'm obsessed by them at the moment.  I think the stamped and coloured flowers with the background look like they've been embedded into the paper.  I'm hoping to do much more of that soon.  If anyone wants a more detailed explanation with step by step photos let me know and I’ll create one a.s.a.p.

I used a loof little white card snippets with my Tattered Floral die, and I coloured them after they’d been die cut.  I followed the top of the arches of the card to position them and added CWC Candi to the middle of them.  I die cut DCWV card snippets three times, then coloured with H2Os before gluing together to create the dimensional ‘friend’.  I first saw this technique at Di’s blog (Snippets Playground) and I’ve seen this done a lot and I wanted to have a go, love that too!  Apart from the scalloped card everything I used to create this card are from my snippets box: yay I shrunk my snippets stash a little lol!


I recommend that you go and see what my team mates have created too: they are very talented card artists and their gorgeous projects and can be seen here:



I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Supplies & Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy stamp set: daisies and poppies
Die Cutter & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die; Paper Smooches friend die 
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water 
Card Paper: Square scalloped edge card #; Stampin Up DP #; snippets of A4 Crafters Companion Snow White Accents card; DCWV textured card snippets #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; Distress IPs: brushed corduroy; The Works Crawford & Black Gold Acrylic Paint; Spectrum Noir AquaTints Beautiful Grunge
Embellishments: Craftwork Cards Candi
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Sticky Dots; mini foam pads


# VOS: very old supplies minimum 8 years old


20 comments:

Carole Robb Bisson said...

The background poppies , music notes and flowers are all so noteworthy. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 199th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Jo said...

Beautiful make Karen....that background is gorgeous....love the poppies & the music notes.
hugs Jo x

Natalie said...

Very pretty card! Delightful! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope you will join us next week for our 200th challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Karen. It's super creative as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your talents with us. We're so grateful to have you play along.
God bless your week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

brenda said...

Lots of lovely layers here Karen and a great creation for our theme this week, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Lots of lovely layers here Karen and a great creation for our theme this week, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Taunya Butler said...

So lovely and I love the beautiful flowers on the music background - what a pretty touch that makes!!!

Becca Cruger said...

Karen, this is sooooooo pretty! Love the trail of shimmery flowers and the old-looking music. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations, too!

Linda said...

This is so pretty .... love the poppies on the music background. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Great layers! Thanks so much for playing along with our Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Gio said...

Inventive and pretty! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

Team Clark said...

What an amazing and artistic creation!!!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project... lovely colors!!
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Buttons said...

So, so pretty Karen. I love how you've used the flowers as a borderline. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Barb said...

Wow Karen this is gorgeous. I love the shape of your card. It's very special. Barbxx

Susanne Rose said...

Fantastic Word! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance September Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

Julie B said...

Love the poppies with the muscic in the background to this card.
Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. :)

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful mix of music and flowers!! love the textures:)
So glad you joined us at STAMPlorations!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

What a beautiful card, Karen! Love that shape.
I apologize for not having left a comment for you before. I've been sick for the past 3 weeks. Better now, though! Thank you so much for joining our challenge! :-)

Majo said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our 1 year anniversary challenge! ♥