Monday, 28 September 2015

Measuring a Stitch in Time ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well and you had a lovely weekend.  I’ve still got my nose down trying to finish DT projects as well as continuing to sort my room out.  So I dug into my background crusading folder and created this lovely card …

  
An A6 tent fold of course  lol! 
This all started out because I want to incorporate numbers and sewing!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #330 Numbers 
Card Mania Challenge CMC#72 Pastel Colours 
Cards und More Challenge #141 No DP/PP

 Paper Sweeties Challenge #35 colours

I chose the August colour palette as it’s one of my favourites!

I’ve been very lucky with this challenge.  I love ombre and have been obsessed with it for a while and this is my first attempt!
Uniko Stamps Challenge Autumn/Fall I used fall colours so hope that is allowed


I am so happy I got to use this background as I created it earlier in the month after I had seen some of the challenges I love to play along with.  I grabbed my Clarity Dress Form stamps and my Clarity ruler stamp and created a random background with my Butterscotch AIP and Meadow AIP (Adirondack ink pad).  I dragged the stamped Butterscotch in to colour the dress forms and left to dry.  I watered down the Butterscotch to create a lovely soft peach shade and coloured the background with it.  Once dry I used my Currant AIP and stamped the buttons and hearts across the page, drawing the ink inwards to colour the buttons: simples lol!
Once again this will be a quick post because we’re busy and I’m struggling a bit.  Unfortunately the piper always has to be paid if I have some fun, but I don’t mind as I will be playing with inks and paints and stamps lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamps:
Clarity Stamp: Vintage Dress Form stamp and Ruler stamp
Oak House Studio: buttons and hearts stamp set
Unknown stamp which has lots of numbers on it and I have no idea where or when I purchased it!

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz & Sizzix: Sewing Room Bigz die; Pattern & Stitches Texture Fades set

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; spray bottle of water; pot of water;

Card Paper: snippets Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card and Matt black card; 300 gm card to created base; snippet DP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Adirondack IPs: Butterscotch; Mushroom; Meadow; Currant #; Luminarte H2O paint: gold
DecoArt Americana All Purpose Acrylic paint: Buff

Embellishments:
Glittered mask #; button #; stickers # (from a magazine I think)

Adhesives/Mediums:  double sided tape; foam pads; Collall sticky glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


15 comments:

Liz said...

Great design. I love all the detail. xx

Kathleen said...

Lovely card and a great idea.

Thanks for join in gin our number s challenge at Allsorts this week.

Kath x

rachel said...

a lovely make - love these dress forms and the colours are fab - hope the clearing out is going well! Big hugs rachel xx

Sue said...

Really lovely Karen, a great fun card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Louise said...

cool card Karen. Great textures and colours

Debbie said...

Karen, this card is cute as can be!! Love the sewing theme ... thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Paper Sweeties :)

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Yet another beautiful creation from you this month! I love the sewing theme. Thanks for joining our challenge again!

brenda said...

A perfect card for our theme this week Karen, the Roman numeral is such a clever way to incorporate the number, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fab and funky card idea. Love those dresses ... great 'fabrics' and fun use of those Autumn shades. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at Uniko
Sarah x

Lynne K said...

Your background is fabulous, Karen, and I love all the diecuts and embellishments! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Mervi said...

Lovely card, great details.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! I love that you dressed the dress form! Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

Sandra said...

Your card is just as cute as a button, like it says. Such wonderful colors and love the little mask. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely - lots of dimension here with the dress forms and thread reel. Love these rich warm colours. Thanks so much for playing along with our autumn theme at Uniko!

Beverley said...

Beautiful Autumnal colours, thanks for sharing & for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x