Sunday, 27 September 2015

Multi and mixed media crusading again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  The next couple of posts will be quick ones, lol.  We had my lovely family visit us yesterday and today both of us are moving very slowly and rather painfully, lol, got to laugh or else I’ll cry or whimper with the pain lol!   Here is what I have to share today …

  
Lots of yummy techniques and much fun to create! 
Lots of lovely texture too! 
  
I love this flower set and every chance I can I use it, and the texture on the heart: yum!
   
Some of the details up close
A final look

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Stamplorations Stencil Sunday #10 Mixed Media Challenge 
Sweet Stamps Challenge Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Girls Will Be Girls: this is how I get my girly on!  
We Love to Create Challenge #20 Anything Mixed Media or Creative Goes


There are a lot of techniques used to create this tag.  If anyone would like me to do a step by step I am happy to do so in future.  But for today I am trying to keep my post and computer time quick and short.  As I’ve said I'm happy to share how I used the SNATs, acrylic paint or the friendly plastic – just let me know and I will get a tutorial typed next month and add to my tutorials page.

This tag was created with a Spectrum Noir AquaTints background snippet from my background crusading box, the poppies were stamped, coloured and cut out and have been in the other crusading box – the one with images waiting to be used!  I must try and stop creating bits and not using them!  I have huge piles of backgrounds, images, and embellishments I’ve created but not got around to using yet.  So I used items from both of my crusade boxes, as well as a really made by me embellishment and another really old embellishment too!  Yay!!!  So glad to be shrinking these piles a little each day lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A6 Daisies and Poppies stamp set

Stencil: Sheena Douglass 7” x 7” Distress Grid stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pipettes; pot of water

Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion snippets A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary; WOW Embossing Powder: green; red; gold; Rub On Waxes #; The Works Crawford & Black gold acrylic paint

Embellishments: Dragonfly #; Friendly Plastic strips #; sequin waste #

Adhesives/Mediums:  Pebeo matt medium; Versamark IP; double sided tape; Collall sticky glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

12 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

ooo I love the flowers and so many wonderful layers! The heart is gorgeous and such a perfect touch. Thanks so much for playing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

SARN said...

WOW Karen . . . I ADORE this. You just knew it would be right up my street didn't you? It's brilliant.

Hope you make a good recovery.

Hugs, SarN xxx

Di said...

Wonderful Karen! So much lovely texture and wonderful design and colours too!

Hugs

Di xx

Jade Morrison said...

Hello Karen, What a beautiful tag, love the stamps you have used and the embelishments. Great texture and love the colours.

Jade xx

rachel said...

this is wonferful karen. i adore that heart....looks brilliant! glad you had fun with your family but sorry you are both feeling exhausted by it. big hugs rachel xx

Marie Willetts said...

Hello Karen.... you have some gorgeous pieces of work here.... lovely... I'm a mixed media scrapbooker... xx

Anna-Karin said...

Such a gorgeous project! Love that heart. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge STAMPtember blog hop!!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

Craftychris said...

Love all the texture! Just fabulous! I hope you are feeling less painful now. Take care! xxx

Teresa Kline said...

wow Karen, this is gorgeous! glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oh wow Karen, I confess the heart looks so chocolate looking and edible to me, very yummy texture! Your tag is really inspiring. I'm so delighted to see your amazing tag entered in the STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Thak you for your support and do make a come back this month will you :) Happy creating!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Tammy Cochrane said...

Great tag! love all the texture and elements :)

Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Best of luck with your entry!
Tammy DT