Friday, 4 September 2015

Music at Stamplorations ... I am Guest Designer ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  I'm back with a second post today, which is unusual for me at the beginning of the month!  I have been playing at the Stamplorations Stamps Challenge as often as I could since I found them so when I saw that one of my July entries is a July top pick I was completely and totally over the moon, lol, and I spent the day telling DH that lol!
Of course I love winning challenge prizes but I get incredibly chuffed when picked as a top pick by a challenge Design Team and owner/s.  The lovely Shery contacted me and asked me if I would like to be a GDT of course I said yes, well I am so chuffed that I got asked.  Once I found out the details of this challenge I started looking through my stash and stamps and here is the card I was inspired to create  …

Thankfully for me I needed a birthday card for mum
We're hoping to see her before then and I can give this to her so I didn't have to worry about depth
A final look

Luckily for me this also fits these Challenges
Frilly & Funkie Challenge A Touch of Gold
Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#6 Gorgeous Textures
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Trio of Colours: I used brown, brown & gold
 Stamp and Create Challenge One for the Girls
 Unruly PaperArts Challenge 
September Coffee & Cream.  This has some blue too so I hope it is allowed
Vintage Stamping Challenge #35 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #199 Anything Goes /Family Friendly


I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here
Thank you so much ladies for inviting me I really enjoyed creating this card and am honoured to have been a Guest Design Team at your lovely challenge.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:  Stamplorations stamp set; La Blanche stamp #
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; Martha Stewart silicon mould
Card Paper: Stampin’ Up DP #; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents for stamping and colouring the violinist and for the mat; Craft UK 200mm square card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Faber Castell watercolour pencils; Tim Holtz Tea Dye IP; DecoArts Americana Acrylic Paint: Buff; Spectrum Noir AquaTints Essential (the gold on the flowers)
Embellishments: Prima flowers #; vintage brads #; brads #; round metal embellishment; WOC rose leaf
Adhesives: Collall Tacky Glue; double sided tape; Stix2 glue gun


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old



20 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Wow, lovely card Karen.

Julie B said...

So pleased to have you on the team this month Karen and I love your interpretation of this month's theme. The image is so soft and perfect for a card for your Mum. :)

Team Clark said...

Oh what a lovely card, reminds me of my daughter who plays. <3

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful card Karen! Wonderful how you used the image and then built the whole theme around it - your Mum will adore this for sure!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

It's a beautiful card Karen. Congratulations on being chosen as a guest designer Barbxx.

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations as Guest Designer:)Such lovely LAYERS! Super watercoloring:)

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Karen, Congratulations on the win and this card is just a vision of loveliness. Anything with a music score and a musical instrument and flowers wins, hands down every time. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 199th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Carol said...

Congrats on the GDT Karen...what a fabulous card. Carol x

Toni said...

What a pretty card, loving the image you used. I know your mum is going to love this ... Thank you for creating with us at Unruly Paper Arts

Natalie said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous design, love your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week, hope you'll join us next week for our 200th challenge!!

Sandra said...

Darling card! Love the vintage pictures! The dove is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Pawsitively Creative said...

New word for me-chuffed! That is awesome sauce and I plan on using it. Love Blogland for introducing me to such a wide variety or arts and languages. Huge congrats on your guest spot! Your mums card is vintage perfect! That little dove is darling and the sentiment is so touching. Wowzers design dearie! Hugz! ~Niki

Cec said...

Lovely vintage card that should make your Mother very happy on her birthday. The image is wonderful and the gold buttons as centres for the golden flowers are another perfect vintage touch. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

brenda said...

I'm late again Karen, but couldn't miss taking a look at this stunning piece of artwork with the beautiful vintage feel and lovely textures, many thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Taunya Butler said...

Karen - congratulations on the Guest Design spot and this is so sweet and tender and lovely beyond words! So well done!!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Such a unique and lovely design. The image looks beautiful.

Buttons said...

What a beautiful vintage feel to this Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Danie May said...

Such a lovely card and I am sure your mum will love it Karen! Congrats on your Guest DT Spot also and thanks for your continued support of our Reader Art Quest Challenge at Unruly PaperArts! Danie xx

Mary Ann Potter said...

So beautiful! I love the music motif and the vintage look.

2amscrapper said...

I belong to the STAMPlorations club and am thrilled to see you there as a GDT. This is a beautiful make! Thanks for linking this one up to UPA and good luck in the draw. From UPA creative contributor, Helene