Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Spectrum Noir AquaTints and another new stencil ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Back again today with another creation that was created before I came down with the stinking cold but I only just photographed yesterday.  I am a lucky lady because before I came down with the cold I found these Sheena's stencils on a very special offer and this is the first time I’ve used this one.  I'm so enjoying playing with stencils at the moment.  I love creating papers with stencils and using them with old and new stamps and old and new supplies.  Here is today’s creation …

  
Another A6 card and I love this one too! 
Much fun I am having lol! 
 
I don't think I'll ever get bored of this stamp and no snippets went into my box!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Take It Make Anything Goes With A Stamp
DL Art Thankful Thursday September Linky Challenge Anything Goes
Penny Black & More Challenge September Anything Goes


Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge Anything Goes Optional Twist: 
Favourite Technique
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Your Favourite Technique
I love most techniques because I love learning and creating my own backgrounds



If you want to know where you can purchase Sheena's stencils for just a £1.00 each go here.  I highly recommend the company, their customer service and their products.  DH also purchased a multi pack of 300GSMcard (100 sheets).  It’s on special offer and it’s perfect for creating card bases but not for my water heavy techniques. I would have asked for more of the stencils if I had known they were that price but DH had already spoilt me a little this month with new stencils and stamps from Stamplorations, another awesome company with fabulous customer service, really reasonable posting and quick turnaround.  I am determined not to be as greedy as I used to be wanting all new crafty stash lol!

This card came about because of the many experiments I have done using SNAT’s to create backgrounds.  I have a lot of backgrounds at the moment and I am trying very hard to use them up before creating any more new ones lol!  I wet a piece of A5 card first, got my very fine water paintbrushes out and used just the tip of the paintbrush to add little ‘dots’ of inks across the card.  Once I had added multiple dots I sprayed the card with water to encourage gentle blending without getting hard lines or blobs of brown.  I wanted to create a very soft blended background and I actually managed it lol!  I left the paper to dry naturally and put it in my backgrounds folder.

I took out a snippet of card from my box and stamped the poppy black archival IP.  I heat set it to make sure it was dry before adding watered down SNAT.  I used a thin watercolour paintbrush to colour the stems and a rounded size 6 brush to colour the poppies and I put it to one side to dry.  Once dry I added a layer of water around the stems and flowers and added a weak wash of green and another weak wash of sky blue before blasting with my heat gun.  I got my stencil out and attached it to the A5 background and tapped through with my Versamark IP before adding two different colours of WOW EP, added a little green EP, flicked the remainder off before applying red EP and heat setting: simples LOL!  

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Sheena Douglas poppy and daisy stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy die

Stencil: Sheena Douglass 7” x 7” square stencil Distressed Grid

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; pot of water; paintbrushes

Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping and for stencilling; 300 gm card for base

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary & Essentials; Versamark IP; WOW EP:

Embellishments: ribbon from my stash

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; foam pads

18 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful,I love poppies.

Carol said...

A beautiful card Karen, love your background and the gorgeous poppies. Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful - both the poppies and that wonderful stencils background!! Love this!!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl

rachel said...

this looks great Karen - so sorry for my lack of comments - struggling with time at the moment!!! Big hugs rachel xx

StirYourCreativity said...

I liked the background u have created. It is simple yet so beautiful.

brenda said...

Well it's Poppies Karen, what more can I say other than I love it, but I also really like the stenciled background, gives a lovely rustic feel.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

SARN said...

Hi Karen . .. WOW that's a fantastic looking card. Absolutely LOVE IT. Great inkiness.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Totally gorgeous card Karen! LOVE the stenciling and what a divine poppy stamp!

Hugs

Di xx

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, your colored flowers are just so pretty, love it!
Hugs, Lori m
DT Member DL.ART

Cindy said...

Fabulous card. The background is cool and the watercolor effect is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC this month.

Maura Hibbitts said...

Beautiful card! I am always partial to bright poppies! Thanks for joining us for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

Sandie Gough said...

beautiful, Poppys are 1 of my favs and you have rocked them hunnie xxx
Thank you for joining us for this month’s challenge and we hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
Hugs,
Sandie
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
Proud to design for:
Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
Die’sire Design Team
That Craft Place Design Team
That Craft Place Colourist Design Team

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Karen! The stenciled background is great, and your colouring is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

Jane said...

Beautiful stamp, beautiful card!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Linda said...

Beautiful card ..... those poppies are amazing! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Whisper said...

Aaaah gorgeous and i'm loving that fabby poppy, thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project... lovely stamping!!
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x