Friday, 18 September 2015

Stamps and Stencils with Music too ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Back today with a card I created following a theme and a sketch and I got to use old stash, new stash and new supplies which made me one happy bunny and here it is …

  
An A6 card with a little diemnsion 
Loving playing with new pens! 
 
I followed the sketch as much as possible and I was happy to get this violin stamp out to play with 
I love new butterfly stamps!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Mixed Media World Challenge #7 Anything Goes with autumn colours  
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #194
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges #50 Spring or Autumn: Autumn my favourite season 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Your Favourite Technique
I love every and all techniques because I love learning and creating
I love creating my own backgrounds and embellishing them with stamped elements




For this card I most definitely went female orientated because I really didn’t think about it lol!  I always go for the reds, pinks and purples when I acquire new colouring mediums.  They are my go to happy colours.  However I now want to re-create this card with a different stencil in shades of blue. 

I love autumnal shades and tomorrow what I plan to share with you is most definitely autumnal colours and there is a fair amount of a colour I don’t normally use on it too lol! 

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: La Blanche music stamp; Clarity violin stamp; Stamplorations butterfly stamp

Stencil: Stamplorations butterfly stencil (am obsessed with it right now!)

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun

Card Paper: watercolour paper; snippets white card; A4 300gm card to create base

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: WH Smith brush markers; Ranger Archival IP jet black and plum; Versamark IP; WOW EP gold sparkle

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; foam pads

13 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the design and the colours
Kevin xx

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful and awesome take on the sketch and challenge over at STAMPlorations!!! Well done!!

brenda said...

As always a super creation Karen.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Di said...

Really pretty card Karen - and such lovely shades too!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Thats a simply LOVELY card Karen.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a striking card you've made here! This layout is so unique and I love your interpretation of it. I especially liked how you included that soft butterfly with its elegant curves because it pairs so well with the geometric lines and angles. I also adore the colors you chose and yes! It would be really fun to see this same design done in other colors, too. You really made something special here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Sara Barker said...

What a fabulous layout! I love that you put the little snippet of music behind what appears to me to be a little door that slid open. Lovely watercolor background, too! Genius to use your stencil that way--so effective! Big hugs!

Andreja L. said...

What a pretty card you made! I like the colours :-))
Thank you for entering at Scrapping4Fun this time, Hugs, Andreja

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely background you created - The gold butterfly adds nice sparkle to your card! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card challenge! Julia xx

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the hint of music and lovely instrument! So glad you joined us at STAMPlorations!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely card, love the instruments!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Ann Chuang said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Scrappind4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Julie B said...

Love your background to this take on the sketch and theme.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations this month. :)