Saturday, 19 September 2015

Stencil, butterflies, yarn and VOS ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fabulous weekend plans.  I am still in the midst of getting my craft room sorted, there is still much I need to sort, more details below.

Whilst sorting that crafty stuff I found some bits and pieces I had forgotten about, naughty!  I really wanted to create a card for some of the current Challenge so I made a little space on my desk; it is covered with the bits I'm trying to sort and ongoing DT projects.  I just realised there is no stamping on this card: sacra bleu!   Thankfully I have several snippets left over from backgrounds I created when my new stencils arrived and an NBUS embellishment too.  Here is today’s creation …

  
Another A6 card 
Lovely splattered detail! 
  
Close up of the embellishments 
Snippets used to create a dimensional word
Happy with the end result even though there's no stamping

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #38 Butterflies & Yarn/Thread 
 Deep Ocean Challenge #112 Shabby Chic 
Stamplorations Stamps Link for sharing Stamplorations Stamps & Masks

 
I think you can see what and why I was inspired: pink and stencilling = happy me!

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #201 Anything Goes/Family Friendly
  

Thankfully I can move around the room much more easily now because there are less piles of stuff on the floor yay!  I have, amazingly not (lol!), nearly filled the big bookcase and because it is sorted I’m hoping it will be a lot easier for me to find what I want when I want or need it.

I have to go now as I have want to get cards created for tomorrow’s Christmas Card Club.  I need to get my DT creations started, finished, photographed, edited and typed before I can get back to the tools, crafting stash, waiting to be altered and not sure what I want to do with may be binned piles that are still in evidence, a lot of them there are too!  I'm trying to pace myself as much as possible but I woke up today in more pain than usual so I may, once again, have to curtail Christmas Card Club, grr, that is the preferred choice than ending up in agony for the rest of the weekend and early next week.  Every day when I get up I have to make a choice and that choice has many different parts to it.  So can I do ‘stuff’ today, if I do ‘stuff’ today how will it impact on the next few days, do I have to be careful or very careful because the pain is always there and I have to figure out if doing stuff will make it worse or can’t do stuff because it will make the pain worse and it’s already bad?  Fibromyalgia is one rotten thing to suffer from.

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Paper Smooches die

Stencil: Stamplorations butterfly stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water

Card Paper: A4 300gsm card to create the base; snippet watercolour paper; snippet HOTP paper

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Adirondack IP: Wild Plum; DIP: Dusty Concord; pink brush marker pen

Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl twine; American Crafts premium ribbon # ; paper butterfly embellishment from old magazine #; metal daisy #

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall Quick Drying Tacky Glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old


19 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a very pretty butterfly creation Karen and that square embellishment is lovely. Hope you get your craft room sorted soon it will make life so much easier for you, it's a shame that you have to go through all the agony to get there though. CCC can wait until next week, it's not strict for posting on the day so no worries. Take care.
Lorraine

Sue said...

This is really lovely Karen, and well done you for your big tidy up xx

Hettie said...

Lovely card there Karen. So pretty.
Now do you fancy coming round to mine? I could do with a big tidy, but a lot of stuff needs doing. Catch 22 situation!!
Hugs
xx

brenda said...

Butterflies, pink, inkiness so many of the things I love all on one card Karen so ticks all my boxes.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Liz said...

Thanks for following my blog, I've just returned the favour. :-)

Love your butterfly card and the square embellishment is so lovely. Good Luck finishing tidying your craftroom. I get easily distracted every time I try to tidy mine! xx

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely tag, thank you for joining us on the Tiot challenge hugs Bee.

MaryH said...

Karen, your craft room sounds like mine (except you are doing something productive about making it tidy & I'm not!) Love today's card, and how you tied together so many snippety bits to create it. The watercoloring on the left side looks so pretty and love the dimensional butterfly's tropic coloring too. The foiled & dimensional square is a perfect embellie and loved the ribbon look on the border edges too. Lovely card. TFS & Hugs

Taunya Butler said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am such a fan of yours but I really need to let you know that I won't be around in the bloggy world for the next 10 days - I am taking a much needed break - so except for already written and scheduled Design Team posts I will not be around and that includes commenting!! Please know that it is nothing personal!! But I am excited because when I come back I will be celebrating my 4 year Blogaversary with lots of giveaways all during October!! I did leave some details about that on my blog!! Hope the rest of your September is beautiful and that you keep happy!!! Hugs!!!

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful card with a lovely painted background; it looks so soft and gentle. And what a perfect butterfly to embellish it! It's very clever of you to use those old stash bits! We are cut from the same cloth! PS I'm SOOOO happy I made the choice not to include the shot I took of my real Mr. Spider who is hanging out by my leaky faucet! I knew that some people have a strong dislike for these guys! I hope YOU are feeling better! Big hugs!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Karen,
This is another gorgeous card from you. I love the colours and of course how you have used up your snippets and old stash. Just bought a new caddy for my desk which arrived today so have been easily distracted filling it up with my Promarkers and pencils. It has 3 little drawers too. Yay!! Thankyou for fluttering by #38. hugs Mrs A.

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Carol said...

This is simply gorgeous Karen. Hope today has been better for you. Carol x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your non stamped creation is fabulous. Isn't cleaning out your craft space fun? Not only do you get to find things you forgot about you get things more organized.

Charity Chamberlain said...

Pretty card! The colors are beautiful! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

maria f. said...

Such a pretty in pink piece. Glad Gail's tag inspired you. Glad to see you in the CASE Playground!

Mrs.B said...

This is such a pretty card, love lit little embellishments.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Buttons said...

Another beautifully inky background perfectly embellished Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Deepti said...

So creative and so beautifully done :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card - I like the outoffocus bg with the actual bfly on top. Kind of a Bokeh effect - Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations